5: The Night We Had a Visitor

Biya's POV

Days passed by with silence and news was still buzzing all over Italy and perhaps I was still all over the world. Those gave me headaches and heartaches but I was growing tired about it. I was becoming emotionless about it. Today, I arrived in my new apartment together with Elda. We were excited but also nervous of the new challenge ahead of us. Paolo and Lorie bade goodbye an hour ago after they helped us together with Paolo's men which was a big deal. Elda was smiling so bright when she saw the couple who took me in.

"So, you now okay about all the drama in your life with Carini?" Elda brought it up as I pulled out my desk lamp from the large box. A sigh came out of my lips while Elda sent me a sad smile.

"I'm sorry. I am just worried about you. You know, it is hard to concentrate when your mind is elsewhere." She said and I gave her a smile of understanding.

"I'm okay. I am getting used to it and I feel like I don't care about it anymore. I am getting tired about it." Elda frowned but she nodded.

"Well, I can't blame you since people bug you all the time about your previous relationship. I swear if I were you, I might have snapped now." She said and I laughed softly.

"Yeah. I can imagine that."

"But seriously, if you have a problem or something worries you, I am here, okay. Just tell me and I'll kick his ass." I laughed at that.

"You don't even know who will hurt me and you identified the person a man."

"You know who I am talking about." She said raising a brown with a smile on her face. I laughed again.

"You don't even know the true story about us." She rolled her eyes like she was saying, 'are you kidding me'?

"You should know that as much as I idolize Mr. Carini for his talent, I am standing for you since you are my closest friend that I ever have. Even if Carini buries me with his food, I'm going to ignore it." She said pulling the rest of the things she has in her last box. I laughed.

"Oh come on. I think that last sentence won't be possible." She shrugged.

"Well, fine. I might be eating some." She said grinning and it made me chuckle. After hours of pulling everything out of the boxes, Elda announced that she was tired. I wasn't since my body was used to working and my past shaped me.

"You are Wonder Woman. God! I am getting more tired now that I am watching you." Elda groaned. I was pushing furniture around the room. Our apartment room was so clean when we arrived. It was big and it has two bedrooms with our own bathrooms. What I love the most was the small dining area because of the several lightbulbs in jars hanged providing a cozy setting. It has an elongated marble table with four black stools. The kitchen area was placed at the corner beside the dining table and it was good since we just need enough space for that. We'll be busy after all. The middle of the room had a beige couch, and a table. Elda and I planned to set our mini- library at the side of the living room. Our parents insisted for them to set- up a television on the wall but we both declined. We don't want any distractions and we can't even use the television because of our hectic schedule. The whole apartment room was painted pastel blue and Elda loved it. I don't care if the apartment was painted rainbow or any other color. I just wanted a place to live in. I took the boxes and folded them before I put it in the cabinet where the cleaning materials where placed.

"I'm going to order dinner. I am starving. Then I'll inform the guy down there for our pizza to come here." Elda patted her stomach before standing up from the couch which I didn't move since she was in there.

"Okay. Do that while I arrange things here." I replied positioning myself behind the couch, preparing myself to push it.

"Yes boss!" She replied playfully. Then, I heard her call while I began pushing the couch aiming it to be placed next to the wall in the middle between the two large glass windows. The design of the room was pretty good. The windows were perfect for the sunlight to come in. I finished with a huff.

"Done."

"Biya. Pizza will be here in just a few minutes." She said approaching me. She got the rolled red rug at the corner then she rolled it off the floor. She properly placed it in the middle of the room before placing the glass table on it.

"There. All we need are cute houseplants in here." She said scanning the room with a smile.

"Well, I am going to arrange the things in my own bedroom now."

"Okay. I'll call you when pizza arrives." She said before we separated ways. Our room was on the opposite sides of the apartment. I went inside my own room and scanned it. It was perfect with a large window at the side, the twin size bed and a headboard built like a bookshelf. A wooden bedside table was waiting to be filled. I grabbed my bags and began unpacking my clothes and other personal things. I was halfway in filling my cabinet with clothes when the doorbell rang.

"Biya! Dinner is here!" I heard Elda call for me.

"Okay. I'll be right there." I replied back in the same manner as I put my clothes neatly into the cabinet. I fixed my hair putting it up to a ponytail as I walked towards the kitchen. Elda appeared on my sight with a wide smile on her face as she opened the box. She inhaled the scent of the delicious pizza wafting through the air.

"Now this is what life is." She said grabbing a piece. I noticed a second box waiting at the small counter making me chuckle.

"You ordered two?" She grinned.

"Give yourself a treat, Biya. It's a tiring day after all." She said before taking a bite again. I shook my head with a smile before I took a piece. We ate in silence, enjoying the comfort our new environment provided.

"That's the way to finish dinner." Elda said closing the boxes with a flare. We have eaten all of it and I was surprised that I was capable of that. I grabbed the boxes and went to the trash bin.

"I am going to have a shower. Byes!" She said walking towards her room. Then I heard the water running. I turned the kitchen lights off before going back to my room and continued the task I left. I pulled my phone out and put my songs in shuffle so I can have some vibes while arranging my things.

I was finishing up everything inside my room when the doorbell rang. I checked the time and it was kind of late.

"Elda! Are you expecting someone?" I called to Elda at the other side.

"Yeah! I'll open it. Just a second!" She said before I heard her slippers making flopping sounds on the wooden floor. I closed the cabinet and was about to text Paolo when I heard a loud gasp coming from the living room.

"Elda? Are you okay?" I asked walking slowly outside the room. She appeared on my sight just standing straight, her eyes wide, and her mouth open like she was in shock to the person standing in front of her. I didn't know who it was so I took two steps trying to find out who did that to her when I came to an abrupt stop. A gasp escaped my lips, my hand flying towards my face to cover my mouth, with my eyes as wide as Elda's. He, my nightmare, was standing still, looking at me with a serious face and his hands in his pocket but they were clearly formed into fists. His eyes were hard, the bright eyes absent. My hand then fell to the side standing with my chin up.

"Should I make him leave, Biya?" Elda asked and I shook my head. If he wanted to say something, then he will. He would know that I still have something for him if I don't talk to him.

"No. We'll talk. Please excuse us, Elda." I spoke firmly and Elda nodded with worry in her eyes before she silently walked towards her bedroom. Only when the soft click of Elda's door closing was heard when Emil spoke.

"Did you move here because of me?" Emil asked softly while his gaze burned me.

Follow me on Social Media

Wattpad: LittlePumpkinWriter

Twitter: @notsolilpumpkin

Instagram: anxielei