XIX: Backstory

BEFORE THE CHAPTER STARTS let me say......PLS DON'T JUDGE ME. I tried my best to come up with something original for what happens but ya know I don't think it's the best so yea. Anyways ENJOYYYYYYYY.

"Wait!" Naruto demanded loudly.  "Your former apprentice?" He questioned in a higher pitched voice than usual.  Orochimaru let a low sigh and nodded.

"Yes." He admitted.  "A long time ago, Kabuto was my apprentice.  Kabuto grew up in a place where men were the fighters and men ruled the family.  Women were second-class citizen.  Anyways, his father was killed in battle and his mother couldn't afford to keep him.  I found him on the streets and took him under my wing.  At the same time Tsunade and Jiraiya both had apprentices of their own.  Kabuto and I traveled for months, and while I tried to teach him what I knew, he seemed to excel in medical ninjutsu which surprised even me.  He seemed to be fascinated with the idea of it and learned it from the books."  He stopped and took a sip of water. "Finally we met in this town with Tsunade, Jiraiya, and Tsunade's apprentice. Kabuto and Tsunade's apprentice grew close after awhile. They spent months together. Jiraiya and Tsunade had decided to go out of town to the Land of Iron to find something. Everything was going fine." He paused

"I sense a 'but' coming." Sakura said. Orochimaru took another sip of his water.

"But," he began. "we were attacked by some hidden leaf ninja. The ninja ended up being rouges but we didn't know that at the time. They were strong, but we managed to chase them off. We weren't quick enough. You see, both Kabuto and Shizune were fascinated by medical ninjutsu, and Shizune was better at it than Kabuto. She was injured. One of the men who attacked us came from the Uchiha clan." Orochimaru nodded to Sasuke. "He put Shizune in a powerful genjutsu, and while we were distracted with the other ninja he mortally wounded her."

$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

Kabuto heard a cry of pain and turned his head a fraction of an inch before he was knocked down. He felt a sudden pain on his back that disappeared as quickly as it came.

"Kabuto!" Orochimaru called out, wrapping his tongue around the man that was on Kabuto. Kabuto ignored him and walked up to Shizune's body that laid on the ground. Orochimaru threw the guy as far as he could and went on to deal with his original attacker. Kabuto stood in front of Shizune's body looking around it frantically for any sign of where the pain was coming from. She cried out in pain again.

"Shi?" He whispered quietly. He sent chakra to his hands and began to bend down to find the source. Instead he jumped and swung his arm out in front of him protectively. In front of him stood a tall man with dark black hair, sharingan eyes, and a cruel smirk. Kabuto growled.

"Life. It's such a delicate thing. What does life mean to you?" The man spoke with a dark velvety voice. Shizune cried out in pain again, and just as Kabuto was about to launch forward an abnormally long tongue wrapped around the man's arm and his attention went from Kabuto to his arm. Kabuto turned his attention to Shizune and he got down on his knees beside her. 

"Shi?" He asked quietly.  The only response he got was Shizune's face contorting in pain.  Concentrating chakra to his hands he put them on her chest to find the source.  He gasped as he realized she was trying to heal herself.  She wasn't doing it right though.  The pain was probably blocking her thoughts to where she just wanted the pain to stop.  Instead of sending her medical chakra out onto her hand to heal herself, Shizune was sending the chakra to the source of the pain.  The chakra was most likely filling up her chakra system and if it got too full then she could die.  She didn't know she was healing herself wrong.  "Shi stop." Kabuto said with a desperate voice.  "Shizune listen to me!   Stop you're going to kill yourself!"  Shizune cried out in pain again.  Kabuto sent medical chakra to his hands and put them on her chest again.  He began healing the wound, not know what else he could do.  The chakra Kabuto sent to the wound began to heal it, unlike Shizune's whose begun blocking up her chakra system.  After he finished healing the wound Shizune continued to writhe in pain. 

"Kabuto?" Kabuto looked out of the corner of his eye to see Orochimaru walking up with a look of confusion.  He shook his head and put his attention back on Shizune. 

'She knows the wound is healed but she can't take the chakra back.  Her chakra system must be full.'   Kabuto thought to himself.

"When's Tsunade supposed to return?" Kabuto asked and Orochimaru sighed.

"They never said, but I would assume soon."

"We can't wait!" Kabuto growled.  "She needs professional medical help!  I can't- she's gonna die!  She's gonna die, and it's gonna be my fault that I didn't get to her sooner!"

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$

Orochimaru paused and looked down with a sigh. 

"Shizune did end up dying.  When she tried to heal herself she sent the medical chakra straight to the location of the pain, but since she didn't handle it correctly, the chakra didn't heal her injuries.  When Kabuto healed her she realized what she was doing and tried to bring the chakra back."  He sighed again.  "Shizune died not too long after, but I'm not sure of the exact cause since Kabuto refused to say anything.  The next day Tsunade and Jiraiya arrived back, but when they got back Kabuto had left and he took Shizune's body with him.  We encountered him once two years ago and we saw how much her death has affected him.  He was in love with her.  Now we don't know what he wants but we know it's not good." Orochimaru finished. 

The three kids stayed quiet.

"How long ago was that?" Sasuke finally asked.

"Seven years." Orochimaru answered. "After Kabuto ran away, we didn't see him for five years." Orochimaru stood up and the three kids followed. "That's enough for now." He said walking out of the ramen shop.

$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

A/N: DON'T JUDGE MEEEEEE........-_-

I tried my best to give my own reason for Shizune dying because I didn't want to be like

"She died from a heart attack."

Or

"She was stabbed in the gut with a poisoned kunai."

So yea😅😅 I don't think I did a very good job so yeaaaaaa

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee