Chapter 22: Counting Down

Word Count: 1870

When I opened the door my heart stopped. Nick was in a nice collared shirt and jeans. I smiled, and he returned the action. "You ready?" Asked Nick. I steadied my breathing before nodding.

The Olive Garden we went to was a quaint little restaraunt, lit up in the middle of the darker street. We got a good parking spot-right near the entrance/exit. As I walked inside I felt self conscious because I have never worn anything this nice. Heck, I don't even know why I had that dress! The server took us to a nice booth table towards the middle of the restaraunt. I always loved booth seating.

Once we sat down, the waiter asked us what we wanted to drink. I ordered a Sprite, while Nick ordered a Coke. It was quiet for a moment before Nick broke the silence.

"You look beautiful, Faith." He complimented. I looked away and my cheeks felt warm. "Thank you. You look nice as well." I said back.

He cocked his head to the side. "You've never done this before, have you?" I shook my head. "You?" He repeated my action. I smiled before asking him a question. "Do you like Coke or Pepsi?" He looked at me. "Coke, obviously." He said matter-of-factly. I pumped my fist down. "Yes! I love Coke! Pepsi is disgusting." I remarked. "What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?" He asked.

"There is no other ice cream flavor like Moose Tracks." I replied, as if it was the most obvious things in the world.

He frowned in mock disappointment. "Really? I'm more of a Peppermint Stick kinda guy." My mouth dropped open in mock surprise.

"How could you? I HATE Peppermint Stick!" I retorted, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well thank you for your ice cream flavor, because we're going out for ice cream after this." He said casually while checking his phone for a second. My lips burst into a smile, and I went over to hug him.

Once I got back to my seat, the waiter came with our drinks. We thanked him generously. "So, what would you two like to eat?" Asked the waiter as he pulled out his notepad. I answered first. "Could I have the fettucini alfredo please?" I asked politely as he wrote down my order. Nick and I exchanged glances. "And you, sir?" The waiter asked, looking at Nick. "I'll actually have what she's having." He said, smirking at me. I replicated this action. After the waiter was gone, I asked, "Have you ever had the fettucini alfredo?"

"Actually yes." He replied. I pretended to sigh in relief.

"So, do you like my dress? Because I don't. I would have much rather came out in a crop top and skirt." I said with my signature look. He laughed.

"I like it just fine. I think Julia has a good sense of fashion." My mouth gaped open. "And I don't?" I asked in mock offendedness. He laughed. A server came to our table with breadsticks and salad. I grinned in delight as I used to love the breadsticks they have here.

The server smiled. "You meals will be with you shortly." Nick looked up at the server. "Thank you." He said. The person walked away and we continued our conversation. Suddenly my phone started ringing. It was my mom. I quickly answered the phone and gave Nick a look that made him shut up.

"Faith! You never said you had a date!" My mom said loudly in a teasing voice. By then I was surely blushing. "Mom, not so loud! I said playfully. "So when will you be home? Will he drop you off? I want to meet him!" I took a minute and thought about it. "I don't exactly know when i'm going to be home. But yeah, you can meet him." I said, sighing. "Ok honey. Love you." She said. "Love you too, mom. Bye." I replied. My mom hung up and Nick smirked. My face was probably beet red as I put my phone away.