Chapter 6

Kyra's POV

"Girls" A voice called through the emptiness. I groaned and turned over on the bed. I heard a small huff and a hand wrap around me. "Girls!"

I jumped up at the sudden loudness. As soon as I opened my eyes I immediately closed them when a flash happened. "Ahh my eyes!" Ameera said to my left. Your not the only one buddy.

"Happy birthday!" My mother cheered. I rubbed my eyes and looked up at her, giving her a lazy smile. She ran over and hugged me "aww my baby girl is all grown up"

I patted her on the back, but she tightened her hold "can't....breath" I wheezed out.

"Honey let her go" my father called, placing a hand on her shoulder. She reluctantly let go and turned to hug the other girls. I looked up at my smiling dad. Seeing my dad smile is a rare sight for most but for me it is more common than his scowl. And I can be a real nightmare.

"Happy birthday kiddo" dad said hugging me.

"Thanks daddy" I said hugging him back

"Don't mind your mother. She just thinks it's the end of a era" dad whispered into my ear. I chuckled and nodded, pulling away from him.

"It is an end of a era though. I mean next year we might not be able to do her birthday wake up because she might be getting down to business with her mate" she said wriggling her eyebrows a bit. Ameera and leya giggled at my beet red face.

My father growled "nothing of the sort will happen. Not under my roof" he grumbled out.

My mum rolled her eyes and grabbed my hand, looking me dead in the eye "don't worry love I'll book you a hotel room every year on your birthday" she winked at me.

Dad growled again "and let me guess That will be out of my money?"

Mum walked over to him and kissed him on the lips before pulling away "you know it" she said before running out of the room. Dad following after her "there are pancakes in the kitchen for you!"

I looked at my two best friends "happy birthday chicas!" I called spreading my hands out. They both hugged me and said 'happy birthday'.

We all pulled away when ameeras stomach rumbled. "What? I want pancakes" she shrugged. Me and Leya chuckled and stood up, pulling ameera with us. We then ran to the kitchen.

Pancakes my ass. There's much more breakfast then I anticipated. There was toast, eggs, bacon. you name it, it was there.

"Is she trying to feed a whole town?" Leya asked leaning down a bit to my height.

"God I hope so" I replied.

"To be honest I don't care" ameera said sitting down at the table "there's pancakes and coffee so I'm good"

"Theres more because your wolves have matured so you eat more" a voice said behind me. I turned to look at Gabriel "well actually they are in the process of maturing so you two better eat up. Ameera has already eaten a quarter of the food"

Me and Leya looked back at Ameera. It was true, half the pancakes were gone and only a dribble of coffee remained in the jug. I pinched my nose and walked over to the table to sit down.

*

"Well that's new" I said whilst glancing at the now empty table. Leya and Ameera nodded.

"Isn't it weird that eighteen years ago all three of our mothers were having us?" Leya asked

"I heard they tried to match pregnancies so we were all born on the same day. It looks like it worked" Ameera shrugged.

"Shall we do the same?" Leya asked leaning forward.