Chapter 65: Seven

Imagine being in a pit. A pitch black pit, seeing nothing but the darkness. Try squinting your eyes to see, just to see that there would be no point. I couldn't see anything. It was so dark I felt like my eyes were closed. I heard the footsteps of people running, fleeing for their life, scared to be killed in a game of hide and seek in the dark. It would be a tragic way to die and a painful way.

I heard footsteps coming towards me, so I started moving. With my hands out, I felt around feeling as if I would bump into something and give myself away. My hands met with a wall, and from there I was able to lead myself into the kitchen. The only reason that I knew it was the kitchen was my stomach crashed with the table counter. I crouched down and crawled underneath, gripping onto the middle chair leg with one hand and hammer with the other.

I don't know what was scarier. Being the murderer or not being it. I feared it simply because it was too dark and I had no choice other than to kill anybody I came across. That included Jasper and my friends. I wouldn't have forgiven myself for something life that. Ever.

The sound of someone's hand slapping against the floor almost sent me into full shock. I hugged my knees, scared my foot could give me away if I stuck it out too far. My hand gripped the hammer so tight that it hurt. I was that afraid. I had this terrifying thought about how near my death was. It was so scary that I could hardly breathe and feared to die from lack of air. During moments where death seemed near, you think about the afterlife. You think about who will miss you and who won't. I thought about my mother and how would she live on if she ever found out what happened. I thought about if I would become a ghost and stuff like that.

However, I almost forgot. I would be sacrificed. My mom would see me, and I would see her. I looked around, trying to see into the dark, but it was useless. One of the chairs beside me scooted next to my foot, and I did my best not to make a sound. I didn't know whether run or not. I couldn't tell if they had spotted me or was just hiding. With that said, I raised my hammer, ready to defend myself. The chair moved again, this time pushing against my legs. I heard someone panting as they struggled to sit underneath the counter next to me. Whoever was sitting by me, wasn't it, I figured.

I sat there, next to the stranger unsure of who it was. In that same second where I thought I was safe, I felt a cold, sharp object bury itself into my foot. I kicked my foot out, hearing the object hit the floor. There was an intense pain throughout my foot, making it harsh to move. Like a cat having its tail stepped on, I jolted from underneath the table and ran. I ran into cabinets, chairs, and even broke a glass in the process. Whoever was behind me stepped on glass then moaned from the pain. I was able to make it out of the kitchen but quickly sat down by the kitchen entrance.

As planned, whoever had followed me, past me and kept running. I relaxed against the wall and started breathing normally again. My heart ached severely from the amount of panic and holding my breath in for some time. The little bit of peace I had didn't last long. The sound of someone running and moaning quickly was nearing back in my direction. Before I could get up, someone's massive body slammed into me causing me to hit my head against the wall. I tried to pick myself up, but they were too heavy to move.

I felt someone grab the person on top of me and started groaning as they stabbed that person. I knew it was stabbing because I heard the object tearing through clothes and skin. I felt the blood splatter onto my face after every stab. I was about to run away, but I realized something. There was a dead body over me.

Grabbing the person's shirt, I quickly yelled. "I found a dead body!"

My lips felt sore and dry as I said the words. It hurt and felt terribly uncomfortable to have said. As soon as I had said so, the lights came on, giving me a bone-chilling site. My Aunt Denise dropped onto my legs and over her was Jasper, with his face covered in blood splatter. Out of shock, I got up and collapsed somewhere on the floor away from them. I couldn't bare to look at my aunt's gruesome face. Her eye dangled out, revealing pink flesh that hung out of her socket. Her face bled out from her cheek, and her clothes were soaked in blood.

I looked away from the horrible sight, and that's when I felt someone put their hands from behind me. I wasn't afraid, but more shocked out of my mind to have stood up so fast. Jasper did his best to hug me, but I didn't let him. I walked away, looking at the floor and did my best not to see his face. It wasn't his fault, but the fact that he had stabbed my aunt so many times was ruthless. It could have been Caroline for all he knew.

Mr. Harmon appeared in front of me without saying a word. With a snap of his fingers, my aunt's body disappeared along with all of her blood. He then led us back into the entrance room where all...seven us met. I counted everyone twice. We had started off with nine people including me, and now we had lost two people. We had lost my Aunt Denise...and Zachary was missing too. I couldn't believe it. Jasper killed a mother and her son. It broke my heart, but I couldn't blame him so much that it would make me hate him. This wasn't entirely him. No matter how much it hurt, my father made us do this.

A card appeared in my hand. It was blank again. Before the lights went off, I saw Mariel standing with her eyes on me. Her eyes were wide and scared...

***

I probably made a few errors here or a lot. I wrote it at 3 am x.x Btw I just wanted you guys to know that I had to change the cover of Violet because the owner of the picture asked me too :( I know the old one was better. I hate this one lol