Prologue

Have you ever looked back on your life and said to yourself, 'What the fuck was I thinking'?

I do it every day. 

I spent my entire life free and happy - able to go and do anything I pleased. If I wanted to see the Eiffel Tower, I could get on a plane and go see that fucking tower. There was nothing holding me back. 

There was no one holding me back. 

It's amazing how one stupid decision can change a perfectly wonderful life in an instant. One decision that quite literally turned my entire universe upside down. 

You see, my name is Skylar Griffin. I am 23 years old and I am a werewolf. I am not some fancy white wolf or black wolf. There isn't anything remotely unique about either of those colours to be one hundred per cent honest with you. There is nothing special about me. I'm just your average, brown haired, hazel eyed girl whose wolf just so happens to match with her brown fur and hazel eyes. 

Now, I am sure you all have heard about mates. Basically, mates are our soul-mates. They are our other halves. When you are with your soul-mate, you feel a pull towards them. You can feel their emotions. One touch from them can send electric shocks through your entire body - which is described as pleasurable. You feel complete because you finally have found the person who will love you no matter what. That one person who will give you all the affection in the world. That one person who you cannot live without. 

Well, mates are bullshit. Sure, I always wanted my mate. I wanted that love and affection that only my mate could give me, but that mate thing just doesn't happen the way people say it does. Not every single pair is a match made in 'heaven'; as the humans say. Nope. Mates don't always get along. Mates don't always love each other. Hell, some mates even hate each other. Just because our wolves are in love, does not mean our human sides will be. It doesn't work that way whatsoever. 

And sure enough, it didn't work out that way for me. 

So this brings me back to my horrible, god-awful decision that changed my life into hell. I decided to attend this year's annual International Mating Ball that was being held a few hours away from me in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I thought, 'Hey, the ball is close to me this year, why not see if I can find my mate'. Bad, bad move Skylar. Should have stayed home and finished 13 Reasons Why instead. Now I will never know what Clay did to Hannah. Bullshit. 

3 weeks ago, I made the trip to Toronto to attend this world-famous Mating Ball.

3 weeks ago, my life went to shit. 

And this is my story. 

I won't give in. 

~~~~~

Author's Note:

Just editing, ignore me.