Chapter 11 - Unexpected Help

The next morning, the physical pain was gone. All that was left were a few still healing scars and faint bruises. Another day, and there would be zero evidence of what happened to me left on my body. I sigh. Swinging my feet over the side of the bed, I slowly push myself up off the bed, staggering a bit on my weak legs before finally steadying myself. Theo's warm scent envelops me as his t-shirt drapes down my body. It brings a small smile to my face, making me feel a little bit cared for. 

Suddenly the door creaks open, causing me to tense in worry before I see my only friend step inside. He smiles warmly at me before quickly coming to my side with a look of worry. 

"I'm fine, Theo. It's okay." I laugh. 

"You are far from okay, Skylar." He scoffs, looking over my body slowly. "I'll help you to your room so you can shower and get changed."

"You mean Colton's room," I reply angrily. 

He lets out a slow breath before nodding his head. 

"I'm sorry, it's not your fault," I say to him, placing my hand on his cheek. I link my arm around his and lead him out of the room to my room. We pass other wolves who whisper to one another, probably gossiping about me and the state that I am in. I just glare back at them. I really don't give a fuck what they think anymore. 

"How are you feeling today?" Theo asks. 

"I'm fine. I don't feel any pain anymore. I am a little weak though." I answer him. 

"That's to be expected. You should be back to normal tomorrow." He says as we reach Colton's room. "If you need anything, just mind-link me. I will be here in a heartbeat." 

I smile at him before pulling him into a hug. "Thank you for everything, Theo," I whisper in his ear. He pulls away smiling, before heading off back to his office. 

I take a deep breath in before opening the door. Luckily the room is empty. I grab some clothes and head into the bathroom to have a quick shower and make myself look half decent. 

***

Twenty minutes later, I am cleaned up. I step out of the room, only to see Beta Larson sitting on Colton's bed. I freeze. 

"What are you doing here?" I stammer out, even though I was trying to sound confident in myself. 

He wipes his face with his hand before standing up and walking over to me. "Alpha sent me up to get you for breakfast. He would like you to eat with him today." 

"Oh." I go to turn to the door when he gently grabs his arm and turns me towards him again. 

"What he did, what they did - I'm sorry, Luna." He says with sincerity in his voice. Sorrow is evident in his eyes. "I wish my words could do more for you, I should have stopped them." He looks down. 

"There is nothing you could have done, Beta. You don't need to be sorry." I respond emotionless. 

"But I do, I think I gave him the idea. At the ceremony, I said-" He starts, stopping to let out a groan of frustration. "I said that he would share you with our men."

I step back. "Even so, I am sure he would have done it anyway." 

He shakes his head and looks at me for a moment. He opens his mouth to say something before changing his mind and coughing instead. 

"Is there is anything else you need, Beta?" I ask. 

He turns and looks out the window before he whispers out his next sentence. "I want to help."

"What?" I say incredulously, not believing what he said. 

He turns to me again and grips my shoulders, not painfully, but firmly. "I want to help. I want to teach you self-defence. Make you stronger."