Chapter 36 :The real truth is...

Amanda's POV

I made sure to avoid any eye contact with him whilst he drove the car . Moments before someone among us may have died , he was savage , once again . When he was busy driving , I cornered my eyes to gawk at him secretly , he looked ethereal  .

His small lock of hair settled on his forehead , a blush escaped my lips  , I looked the other way round at the window  . To my amazement , a rhythm hit my ears . I analyzed the tone and realized that Mr Reynolds turned on the radio . One of my favorite songs was playing on the radio . 

"Oh my Hunter Hayes ", I stretched my lips humming to the tune . It was 'wanted' , it had been my favorite song ever since I have heard it. 

"I wanna call you mine , wanna hold your hand forever ", I sang matching voices with Hayes , Mr Reynolds turned his head in my direction and chuckled . If I couldn't say the words loud , I made sure to sing them to the guy who was dumb enough to understand.

"I have a feeling that my tire's gonna puncture ", he smirked focusing his attention on the road. 

"Excuse me ", I pouted and then laughed . He didn't reciprocate the laughter but smiled instead . The view was fifty shades of sexy . Now , I didn't even try to pour my heart out because maybe destiny didn't want me to . I gave it a shot earlier but it was nothing but trouble.

I pushed my body in his direction "So, do you sing ?"

"never ", his answer was a bit too obvious.

"Oh come on Mr Reynolds , start getting out of your stereotypical black life . There's colors everywhere around , you just have to see them , observe them and feel them . ", okay , I did sound like some sort of counselor  .

"What do you see around , out of these windows or through the front-glass ?", he interrogated .

"Darkness ", I answered "Well, you can't trick me . It has to be black and dark , considering the fact that it's night "

"Exactly , there's always darkness after light . "

"Take it the other way around , there's always light after darkness . Try optimism rather then pessimism ", I objected .

He looked at me for a while then answered "Darkness dominates the light all the time , that's why we have eclipses right ?"

"Don't at least speak geography to me ", I chortled at his answer . He kept his hands on the steering and ignored my question . "Hey , I never really got an opportunity to tell this to you "

He arched his brows "Tell what ?", he questioned.

"thank you , thank you for always saving me and safeguarding me . I would've been dead by now if you weren't around . I know I am an idiot , I also am well aware of my  clumsy nature . I can't thank you enough for having my back . ", I gave him a smile when we had an eye contact. 

He pulled over the car and halted next to some vacant bridge , his attention was on me . " I-I ",he stammered while he talk "You don't have to thank me , I owe you ", he paused "even if it causes my life,I'll save you".

I tucked away the lock of my hair behind my ear "When were you this dramatic last time? ", I half smiled as I spoke the words . I didn't feel scared or shy to speak to him anymore . The atmosphere was now light . He exited the car , I followed him on his way out. 

I rubbed my shoulders when the cold breezes touch my naked skin. We were on a small bridge , our car parked in one corner of it . I kept my hand on the wall's ceiling ,trying to look down . Moon's light contacted the river making the reflection alluring .