7: Learning The History

Chapter 7: Learning The History
Song: Eyes Wide Open By Sabrina Carpenter
Quote: A world were teachers care more than parents ~Blaze Walker (Full poem in Running With Words)

"Why do we need to shop to learn the history about this dumb tattoo?" Yes, I'm being forced to shop by May.

"That tattoo is not dumb and you need clothes."

"No what I need is answers. Not clothes."

"And you'll get them." She stopped and pulled me into a store that I didn't even care to look at the name. "After you pick out ten outfits."

"What!? I can't afford that much!"

"Yes you can cause I'm buying. Now pick them out."

"But-

"No but's go on. If you want to learn about the history." Sighing in defeat as I went and picked out ten random outfits that caught my eye and I thought was cute.

"Okay let's start with the basic." I nodded ready to learn about everything.

"Packs. Almost every werewolf travel in packs. Together. You were lucky you found us and not rogues."

"What's so bad about rogues?"

"Not all rogues are bad but there are more bad ones than good ones. You'll find more bad ones then good ones anyways. Most of them get kicked out of their packs because they either break laws, don't want to be in a pack because of the laws or rules, or they're just pure evil. They love war and blood."

"So they live in a world where they would rather go to war then talk it out?"

"Yes. Now the good ones everything bad happens to them. They either leave with their mates if they are accepted by them or they ran away because abuse or rape." The last line I wanted to throw up when I heard it.

"Why don't the leaders stop that from happening?" I had to ask the question.

"Most of the time they're the ones leading it."

"Some packs have Omega's. Pick out a necklace." Knowing it would be a waste of time to argue I grabbed a sliver wolf putting it in the cart.

"What is Omega's? Please tell me this pack doesn't have that."

"No we don't. Omega's is the lowest rank there is. Only high ranks can declare this. They are treated worse then dirt. They are forced to clean up everything. Clean, cook, anything you guessed they did. If they didn't do something good enough they would be beat to death almost or you know the other thing. A lot of other things happened to them but I'm not going to tell you everything just know horrible things happens to them and they don't trust people that well because of it." Nodding I didn't want to know anything else about what happened to them. We once again came to a new store.

"Please not again. I feel horrible for this." I stated she looked at me like I was crazy. Which I am but that's beside the point.

"We don't have a limit to how much money we have."

"That does not make any sense."

"Fifteen outfits. Five summer dresses at least." Dragging my feet I followed her order.

"Now in our pack. Everyone helps around. The cleaning. Cooking, Everything. So we get money for it. We can send any amount. This looks cute on you." She threw a white summer dress in the cart before I could say anything. Then sent a playful glare at me.

"It's staying." She added before I had a chance to take it out.

"Ranks." She started once again.

"There are high ones like Alpha and Luna are the highest ones you can get. The Beta's. There's Beta Female which is me and Beta Male which is my mate Ray. The one with the green hair."

"Greenie?"

'Yes that guy. The thirds Jared which you call Brownie and Maddie. The trackers which track people. We used them to find you and then warriors. Main fighters. Then the rest of the pack. Now many packs don't work like ours. Ours everyone is given the right to call you by your rank and name, your rank, or your name. We may have a rank but everyone respects everyone. That's the main law or rule everyone has to follow."

"What are the laws?"

"Respect everyone, everyone is a sister or brother, no breaking the laws, help out, don't turn your back on your pack, no spiling plans or anything like that to rouges, Protect the Luna at all costs. There's a lot but their easy. We're getting you make-up."

"No make-up. I won't wear it."

"Okay every shade of every color of nail polish." Before I could stop her she started grabbing them.

"No yellow at least!"

"Okay." We had a lot already. She kept on grabbing whatever color of anything she thought would look good on me.

"I don't see anything that has to do with me." Standing up she looked at me really quick and turned back around grabbing ear rings.

"Luna's don't always have to be mark. Their mates track them when they get old enough."

"Mates? Mark?"

"Mates are soul mates that are meant to be together forever. Girlfriend and boyfriend. When they touch fireworks go off in each others. Mark is when the guy bites the girl to place their mark. To keep other guys away." She paused getting a few rings and placing them in the cart.

"Luna's are the pack's weakness. The pack will die if they don't have their Luna anymore. It's the packs greatest strength also. With their Luna they are untouchable. The huge pack feels the Luna's emotions. If she's happy, the packs happy, if she's sad, the pack will hunt who ever down and no doubt kill that person. If the Luna is anger. Well you better run fast and far. If rouges or other packs want to take down one of the other packs-well they go after the Luna. Luna's are sometimes born with their mates mark. Not all but some. The ones that are born with their mates are special. They always have and super protective over their mate, pack, and." She stopped and looked at me this time instead of facing away. "Kids." The pieces all clicked together like a puzzle. I had all the pieces but now I had to step back and look at it. I did so and say everything. I was born into this life and-

"I'm Kevin's mate."

1085 words