Chapter Forty Seven

-------------------

Dedication: H_smith64 for your kind comment a few chapters ago! I really appreciate it. :)

Recap:

They yanked Harvey off Ashton and Harvey stumbled back, blood soaking his shirt and his hands. Ashton was in hand cuffs, having his rights said to him in a matter of moments.

Harvey stumbled over to us, looking far too casual, considering the situation. The seriousness he had possessed moments earlier faded as he gave me a lope-sided grin,

"Well, this was an interesting double-date."

--------------------

I am damn sick of this hospital.

I hope to never sit inside these walls, ever again. I shift in the uncomfortable seat, resting my head in my hand as I wait.

Caitlyn and I have been waiting almost three hours. The first two hours were waiting around for someone to see Harvey, Hayden went in straight away. The last hour, we have been waiting for them to come back out.

I have hardly felt any relief now that they've taken Ashton into custody because I have been so worried about the two boys in my life. They mean the world to me. Harvey is okay--a little bruised and battered but Hayden took a few serious hits.

Harvey emerged from the room with a slight limp. His clothes were still bloodstained and dishevelled. He looks so out-of-character with his roughed-up appearance that I almost want to rub my eyes, to see if what I am seeing is right.

"How're my girls?" he asks with an adorable smile.

I leap to my feet and throw my arms around Harvey's neck. He stumbles back in surprise, letting out a chuckle. As soon as I step back, I slap his chest.

"Ow!"

Before I know it, I am throwing my arms around him again.

"Caitlyn, is it just me, or is Grace acting a little crazy?" he huffs over my shoulder.

I step back from him, wiping at my eyes. "You're a fucking idiot and I love you."

He grins. "Okay, definitely crazy."

"Shut up!"

"Was I badass? I was, wasn't I?" he teases.

"Yes," I laugh, rolling my eyes.

I side-step out of the way so Caitlyn and Harvey can hug. He kisses her briefly before they separate.

"That was amazing, Harvey. Seriously. So brave."

"I had to have my five seconds of fame sometime," he replies. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, it's you guys we're worried about!"

"Don't worry about me, I'm as tough as they come," he boasts, tensing his muscles, before wincing.

I roll my eyes. "Really convincing, Harv."

"Grace," my mother's familiar, stern voice slices through the air.

"Yeah?" I ask, pulling away from the two.

"Come."

After sending a look over my shoulder to Harvey, I follow mum through the corridor.

"He's awake," she explains once we step into the elevator. She turns, her dark eyes intensely meeting mine. "Should I be taking time off work?"

"What for?"

"To spend time with you?" she questions. "Are you okay?"

"You don't need to do that, mum. I'm back at school and swimming now anyway, so I'm not home much. There are people that need you here."