CHAPTER 29

For the reason of preventing death from paranoia, I decided not to tell Myra about this. I have to separate David from her to at least tell him.

Most of all she shadowed Lilly to the extent that even that little girl gave her a weird look.

"That poor thing will be so scared," she said.

"Yeah, of you. Of the weird lady following her around," I countered. She glared at me and I can't help but laugh at her.

"You kept asking me why I didn't tell you earlier right? I don't want you hung on my back like this okay? I know a crazy stalker is wanting to kill me. And yes I'm paranoid too. But please right now we need to think."

"What makes you think that even if we find who this Ayush person is, I mean in case it really isn't Ajay and his brother, we would be able to stop him," she said.

"Confiding in you was a very bad idea." I shook my head in irritation and carried on.

We have taken a big step forward now. Currently David is stalking Ajay and his brother to check whether they are stalking us. So far none.

I can't believe that we are spending a Sunday locked inside a house. Mr.Grover was in the guest room sleeping conveniently as we don't want him to notice that we locked his door. He is one innocent man we don't want to get hurt here. Even Lilly deduced that something is wrong.

"Daddy is late," she said scared.

That is enough to start Myra up.

"Oh My God!" She exclaimed. "She is right he is late."

"I seriously think before this ends you would have high BP," I said making her sit and drink some water. She is really getting at my nerves.

"You remember that he is a paid assassin," I whispered for Lilly's benefit.

"Yeah you're right. He has a gun too," she whispered back with a relieved smile.

Now she was happy, even able to convince Lilly that everything is all right. But I'm disturbed now. It was late. Was David caught? Is he hurt? Or worse?

I shook my head wanting to clear that thought outright. I lay on the sofa next to Myra who was staring at me like I was some three legged puppy.

"I can't help but think about Ryan now," she said slowly probably scared of how my reaction is going to be at that. "You know I haven't told you any of this but if you want to talk about it, you know that I'm always there for you."

I sighed. Oddly I want to talk about it. It seemed logical as talking may help prevent me going insane.

"Well, there is nothing much to say except that losing a twin is a gut wrenching pain. I mean he was there with me literally from day one. To know that the reason of his death is because of me is like..."

"No you are not the reason Samaira. Believe me it is nobody's fault."

"I could have made the accusation after I was sure that I'm correct." Guilt is tearing new apart.

She opened her mouth to argue back when we heard three raps of the door. The lame code she created to identify David's arrival. We hurried to the door to greet him. I was surprised when I saw him smiling like a lunatic.

We hurriedly ushered him inside and closed the door.

"Exciting news," he sang. Seeing him acting like this I can't help but notice that Lilly is more like him than her mother.

We managed to send Lilly to bed before hurrying down to hear the story of the still excited David.

"You have been asking for the motive, and I have got one," he said smiling ear-to-ear.