Chapter 18: Bad Feeling

Chapter 18

"So what exactly is this place?" I asked with a sigh as I took the exit on the highway.

"It's a club, I dunno." Jessa shrugged, her attention on her phone. "Okay turn left at the light."

"And why are they going to a club? And why are we going too?" Reggie asked, leaning forwards from being squished in the back with Garret and Kurt.

The poor guys were too big to fit in the back on their own but everyone voted me as the driver and the girls wouldn't settle for sitting in the back.

They were squished sideways and had bitched about it for the first twenty minutes of the drive.

"Because she's our friend and we're going to support her." Kylie said confidently.

"Yeah." Jessa echoed with a smile, glancing over at me.

I didn't meet her eyes.

I knew she thought this was a night out for the two of us but I had a different agenda on my mind...

"But why a club that's forty five minutes away?" Kurt asked with a sigh.

"I dunno, that's just where her band is playing." Kylie shrugged.

"Her band?" I exclaimed, glancing at the girls.

"Turn right at the light." Jessa told me.

"Her band?!" I asked loudly. "She's in a band?"

"Right! Charlie, right!" Jessa snapped, hitting my shoulder. "Idiot."

I glared at her as I cut off a tiny sedan to get into the right turn lane.

"She's in a band?" I repeated calmly, hoping I'd get an answer for this.

"Yes, Charlie, we're going to her show." Jessa said impatiently. "Seriously, I think all of that beer killed off some brain cells last night."

I shot her a glare but didn't say anything.

"It's up there on the right. Find a parking spot." Jessa sighed, putting her phone into the back pocket of her jeans.

Both of the girls were wearing shorts that could pass for underwear, cow boy boots, crop tops, and cowboy hats.

You'd think they were trying out for the role of Arielle on Footloose.

"So she's in a band? Does she sing?" I asked curiously as we were all getting out of the truck.

"My legs." Reggie whined as he finally stretched out.

Garret sounded like he was saying the exact same thing from the other side of the truck.

"Whew, I feel great." Kurt laughed, putting his hands on his hips.

"Because you're a shrimp, loser." Reggie shoved his shoulder as we walked over to the sidewalk.

"Come on, we're late! They'll be going on any minute now!" Jessa said impatiently as we walked towards the door. "You've gotta be 18 to get in so boys I hope you brought your fakes."

The girls and I were the only ones who were 18 out of the group so far.

But we all got in without a problem to find a band playing a very loud and very obnoxious song.

"Please tell me that's not them." I yelled over the noise to Jessa.

"Ah you came!" Elizabeth exclaimed, bouncing over to us. She pulled Jessa and Kylie into a huge hug but didn't even look at me.