Chapter 8- The Family Reunion

A/N I decided that Jonas would be represented by Laito from Diabolik Lovers, just get rid of the fangs and constant swearing and that would pretty much be him, sexual innuendos and all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jonas... What? How?" Those were the only words I could force out; I hadn't seen my brother in a long time, and this was just too much.

"Hey sis, it's been a while, hasn't it?" I nodded silently, the last time I had seen my brother was years ago and he was being torn to shreds by the village we had come to love so much over a hundred years ago.

"I would love to sit and catch up, but we are under a time constraint, and as I have something I need to tell you." He looked like he was going to continue, but I was finally able to unfreeze and I sprinted across the gap between us and tackled him in a giant hug, tears streaming down my face.

"Jonas, what the heck, I watched you die, how are you here? I know we have things to talk about, but you can't expect me to go off nothing, can you?" He sighed and summoned up some chairs made from the crystal surrounding us, which only made my eyes open wider.

"Stop looking like your brain is about to explode, just sit down and I'll explain." I hurried and did as he said, "Honestly, I'm shocked that you are this surprised; I mean, we are Banshees, our job is the dead, so it comes naturally that we would have some degree of control over our own death. Also, this is the Necropolis, which is literally a city for the dead. If Mom and Dad had survived, you would have been here long ago, banshees are meant to come here often to keep the balance, but that has been neglected lately because of the lack of banshees who know how to do their job and actually care enough to do it right."

"The reason I brought you here is because of that imbalance, over the last few decades the situation has been worsening here, and the necropolis has slowly begun to crumble and the dead are suffering because of it. Mom, Dad, and I have been investigating every banshee to see if they could be the one to help bring peace back to life and death. I won't lie to you Janis, you weren't our first choice, but the last couple of decades have made it apparent that you are our only choice."

"Wow, way to instill confidence in a girl." I deadpanned and he just grinned wryly at me.

"Well, I won't tell you a lie, that would be wrong." I rolled my eyes and he laughed, "Anyways, we figured that you could get the help of the other sins... If they accept you after what they think you did."

"Oh, shut up, that's enough of your gloating. What will I need to do?"

"Well, it will involve more consistent visits to the necropolis and you will need to devote more time to helping people pass over. We would tell you that you need to devote all your time you banshee duties, but crap is going to go down here soon and the Eight Deadly Sins will need you. I have to warn you that if you accept, the number of death visions will flair dramatically, we aren't sure how much, but we know that it will happen and so that could be an issue."

I was about to ask for more details when he stood up and the landscape started shimmering, "Next time you come, come through the main gate of the Necropolis, you'll be able to stay longer and see more people; Mom and Dad should be there as well."

"Wait, you have barely answered any of my questions, what is happening in the Necropolis and-"

"There is no time, I'm out of energy to keep you here, you are going back alone, but I hope to see you soon... Little Bitch." I was about to yell at him for his inappropriate nickname, but he vanished and in his place, was the crowd, gaping at me in confusion.

"I'm sorry Wanderer, but I'm afraid we disqualified you for leaving the ring, we're not really sure what happened, but where is The Day Bringer?"

I shook my head and exited the ring and the crowd just looked at me in confusion and the announcer fumbled, "Okay... Well anyways, the final match of this year's fighting festival will be between the much anticipated will be between Matronis and Meliodaz!" The crowd quickly forgot my odd disappearance and began to cheer loudly for the much-anticipated match between two of the strongest fighters.