Chapter 9- Gowther

As I woke up, I looked around and saw Holy knights surrounding me, there were also several normal village members, and all of them were pointing weapons at me. Sir Pig stepped forward and said, "Janis, the Hydra's sin of deception, you are under arrest for your many heinous crimes, will you submit?"

I looked at him with a sardonic grin, "As fun as that sounds, I really don't care to be imprisoned; you see, the sins have things to do, and I prefer not to spend precious time in a jail cell if all I'm going to do is escape. It seems counterproductive to me."

They looked at me distrustfully and Sir Pig replied, "Are you really so sure you're going to escape? We have you surrounded and we aren't planning on letting you go."

"You seem to forget that you are up against one of the Eight Deadly Sins, that in and of itself seems to support my cause, don't you think?"

"How? You have no weapon, and half of us are wearing earplugs in case you use your banshee magic on us."

At that, I laughed, "You seriously think that earplugs are going to stop my screech? My screech drains life, it doesn't affect your ears! Anyways, I can think of at least five ways I could escape right now, so I wouldn't feel so cocky if I were you. Oh, and I do have a weapon, you just don't see it." With that, I summoned Durendal and murmured, "Mist body" choosing the easiest way out of this situation.

Once I disappeared, they all cried out and slashed their weapons to where I was now in a nonmaterial form. I flew away and contacted Ban and King to see where they were.

"Hey, guys, what's up?"

"Janis? Where are you? What happened at the festival? You just disappeared!" King cried out in a panicked tone.

"Hey little one, you missed some crazy action yesterday!" Ban said in a happy tone.

"Sorry guys, Banshee stuff came up and I had to take care of it. I'll explain later. Do you think it would be okay if I came to join you?" I asked this hesitantly, not sure how everyone else would receive me.

"Sure thing little one, we would love to have you around!"

"Yeah, it might take a long talk with Captain, but I imagine that it would be fine eventually." His hesitant tone made me snort a little.

"Well that sounds encouraging... not. Tell me where you are, and I'll head your way."

"We are in a forest not too far away from Ordan, get here soon, because we'll be having dinner in a couple of hours, and I know you want time to talk!" Ban said cheerfully.

"Okay, see you guys soon!" I cut the connection and started heading their way when I stopped dead in my tracks, I smiled as I felt a very familiar presence. I swooped down and searched for the owner; it was coming from a boy with green hair, not at all what I was expecting. I reformed in front of him with a grin, this was exactly who I was hoping to see, "Hey Gowther!"

***

"So, you now have to increase your Banshee duties now in order to stabilize the Necropolis or else it will collapse?" He asked after I had told him everything that had happened to me recently that was relevant to him. "That's fascinating. I believe that is the word for what this is. I have never heard of imbalance within the world of the dead, I will have to study this more."

I smiled at him, this was the Gowther I knew, inquisitive and uncompromisingly aware of the truth, "By the way Janis, how did you know it was me? I was disguised so as to not be recognized."

"Oh, it was simple really. I recognize your magical presence and I had to check it out. I'll admit I'm surprised that this is what you look like underneath your armor. Where is it anyway?" I inquired, wondering because he had never taken off the magical armor from Merlin before.