06. The War

So, this chapter is gonna be long

So, this chapter is gonna be long. I warn you. So go get popcorn, ice cream, whatever you want and take a comfortable seat.
A lot of things gonna happen in this chapter... 😏
Oh, and WHO'S FAN OF SHADOWHUNTERS? 😍 *fangirl*
So, when you'll see the ' ** ' in the story, I want you to listen to the song above please! ;)

Well...
Are you ready?
Enjoy!
~

Time passes quickly when you have a lot of things to do

Time passes quickly when you have a lot of things to do. With school and the bunch of homework we have, it is easy to forget all my worries and to stop overthinking. The only time I can think is late at night when I can't sleep.

Outside of school, I also started to train, mostly with Jake. Apparently, my parents wanted Xander and I to continue our training, with Jake and Enzo as our 'coach'.

Yay.

Honestly, sometimes it wasn't that bad. I was proud when I saw the muscles appear on my body. Little muscles, but still.

I feel a little stronger every day.

But when it was time to fight against Jake, well, I freaked out a little bit.

I mean, he's so damn strong. I didn't have any chance against him.

At first, he was easy with me. And then, when I started to have a little faith in myself, BAM, he gave me everything he had.

However, I've really improved and... it helps me to feel less scared. I will not admit it, but I am. A little bit.

But, like Eddie Rickenbacker said once...

There can be no courage unless you're scared.

And God knows why, but I think I'll need courage soon.

•  •  •

**
"Well, Sunshine, let's see how good you are today," Jake says with a smirk, watching me getting on the mat.