07. Confession

Dépaysement

Dépaysement.

When someone is taken out of their own familiar world into a new one.

That's pretty much what is happening to me. Too fast for me to understand. I feel... lost.

I have so many questions. But for now, all I can do is look up to see a big gray house with stone and also a garage. It seems rustic and welcoming. I find it pretty.

The pain in my arm reminds me the last event and I wince

The pain in my arm reminds me the last event and I wince. Jake lifts me off the bike again and for once, I don't care. He leads me to the front door and I have difficulty to follow him since he walks so fast.

He unlocks the door and steps in and I follow him. I don't have time to look around since Jake is already leading me to... the bathroom.

He takes my hand and makes his way towards the counter where he lifts me and sits me on it. I don't say a word. I watch him walking further and taking the first aid kit.

He walks to me and just like that, he rips off the sleeve of my jacket. I don't really mind at the moment. I watch him as he examines my arm. He looks determined and... preoccupied. His jaw tightens a little bit.

He looks up at me.

"Alright, there is a bullet," he says and I take a deep breath. "It's not too deep, though. It will be easy for me to take it out."

I nod. I just want the pain to stop.

In my heart and in my freaking arm.

He lifts my chin with his fingers and I meet his green eyes filled with worry.

"It's gonna hurt a little bit but it will be fast, alright?" he says, watching me carefully.

"Just do what you have to do. I'll handle it, don't worry."

He nods and I look away. I don't want to see him taking the bullet out.

After a moment, I feel one of his hand grabbing my arm.

"Take a deep breath, Sunshine," Jake says and I do so, closing my eyes.

A second later, pain is all I can feel.