Chapter 11- No Big Deal

I wake up to Leah's snoring at 10:00 this morning.

"Leah, you're snoring." I whine. "Leah!" I yell and throw a pillow at her.

"What?" She says sleepily.

"Time to get up it's already 10 in the morning."

"I don't wanna!" She tells me, sounding like a five year old.

"Fine, I guess I'll eat all the bacon then." I reply in a persuasive tone.

She shoots up like a light. Bacon is Leah's Kryponite, when you are best friends with someone as long as I've been you know all of there weaknesses. Her other one, boys. I head down stairs, find the skillet and then add the bacon.

"Mmm. That smells delicious!" Leah exclaims, as she inhales deeply.

"It sure- OW! Stupid bacon grease." I say, sucking on my finger. "It's ready!"

"Eee! I call first piece." Before I know it I'm pushed out of the way. I chuckle and then grab some for myself.

"Can you believe this is our last week of spring break?" I say, as I munch on my bacon.

"I know! It's going to be so weird and a month after that it's prom!" She exclaims, looking excited. "Ooo, do you think Will's going to ask you?" She coos.

"I don't know, maybe." I respond, hoping that he does.

"Will and Lou, sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, next comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage."

"What are we, five?" I say, rolling my eyes.

"Come on, you know you want him too." She says, shimmying her shoulders. "Is there anything else you want him to do to you?"

"Oh my gosh, Leah!" I say and slap my hand over her mouth. "There is no room for dirty minds in this house!"

"Hey, you understood it." She remarks, shrugging her shoulders. "Well, I should probably get going. Text me later, kay?"

"Alright, sounds good. Bye!" I tell her and she waves as she opens the door.

"Oh, hi lover boy. Lou's in there." I hear Leah say and Will comes in the door. She shoots me a thumbs up and then leaves.

"Hi lover boy!" I tease, as he comes into the kitchen.

"Do you want me to be you're lover boy?" He says wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh my gosh, does everyone have a dirty mind today?" I ask him throwing my hands in the air.

"I guess." He says walking over and pulling me into one of his heart melting hugs.

"Hi." He says huskily.

"Hello." I chirp back, glad to be in his arms. It almost makes me forget about last night.

As he is leaning in to kiss me he stops. "Lou, what happened to your cheek?" He asks me in a worried tone.

"Nothing." I answered him hoping he won't ask any more questions. He would kill Zach if he knew.

"Lou, c'mon, what happened?" He demands.

"Umm, well yesterday Leah and I went to get back at Zach, so we egged and TP'd his house." I tell him, praying he'll accept my answer.

"What. Happened. To. Your. Cheek." He says, but I think he knows.

"Well, he caught us and then he grabbed me and said he would "finish what he started at the party." I tried to get away and then- then he hit me." I tell him a strangled sob escaping my throat.