Chapter Three

I met him everyday at the pond, I remainded in wolf form. I listened to him talk, he shared his food with me, he sang to me, he even swam with me, though he left his shirt on. My wolf highly disliked this.

After two weeks of this my father decided that I shouldn't be disappearing so much, so he grounded my wolf again. I decided I couldn't go a day with seeing him so I walked to my pond. 

When I emerged from the woods I saw him sitting on a rock with his pants legs rolled up to his knees, dangling his feet in the water. I realized he wouldn't know it was me. "Uh...hi."

He jumped slightly before turning around, "Hi?" he asked clearly confused.

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to scare you..." I stuttered.

"It's fine," he smiled, amused "I'm Trent."

"I'm Nadia."

"That's a beautiful name." he smiled, then patted the rock beside him.

I moved to sit beside him,"Thank you." I smiled

"It fits you perfectly, a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." he winked.

I giggled.

We talked for hours, about our families, our lives, about everything. When the sun began to set he said that he could walk me home if I wanted him to, I refused. 

"So? Meet again tomorrow? Same spot?"

"Sure." I smiled.

Daddy woke me up! My wolf giggled waking up, Oh muh gawd! Mate! Mate! Mate! Nadi! That's our mate! she screamed.

Shhh! I hissed at her.

"Great see you then." he said backing away

Don't let him go! she whined

We're meeting again tomorrow. This seemed to calm her down.

Nadi! Cade yelled into my mind

Yes! What is it? 

Dad's super pissed! You better hurry up and get home NOW!

Okay, on my way!

"See you!" I said turning and running towards the woods. 

As soon as I was far enough in the forest I pulled my clothes off and shifted, I picked my clothes up in my mouth and ran as fast as I could. 

I was pulling my clothes on when I heard it. I stopped dead as the sound entered my ears. I scanned the forest around me with my eyes, searching for the intruder.

I saw his eyes first, glowing gold as he stared at me. Then his teeth, bared, at me ready to kill. 

Cade? I whispered to my brothers mind.

Yeah? He answered Where are you Nadi? 

Cade, the boys and dad, tell him to get some warriors together. There's a rogue, about a hundred feet into the forest on the far east side. 

Okay, I'll do my best. Are you okay?

I'm fine for now, just hurry, please.

I stayed in my position, not moving a muscle, waiting for them to move in. 

When the twig cracked I winced knowing that the warrior would be punished for his slip up.

The wolf turned his head towards the sound and ran in my direction. He leaped into the air, but before he could reach me my father's wolf smashed into his side, sending the rogue crashing to the ground. He sprung to his feet and ran after my father, lashing at his throat with his teeth. They fought hard, with snarls and growls escaping the clump. They twisted and turned until you could barely tell their bodies apart. Then we heard the yelp, and the last howl he would ever make. 

The rogue stood staring down at my fathers limp, bleeding body. Seeing his opportunity, Harvey sprung onto the wolf, tearing his throat open. Out of his anger he tore the head off, shifted into human form and threw the head into the forest. I kept my head down. "Go to the village. Now!" Harvey snarled at me.

I dropped my shoulders and walked through the forest to our village. 

When I walked into the forest, I was engulfed by Talia's arms, "I'm so sorry!" she cried. Her mate must have told her, "Are you okay? Kael told me what happened." She cried into my shoulder.

"I'll be okay..." My whisper trailed off.

Talia took my hand and walked to my room with me, "It'll be okay, I promise. I'm here with you."

We sat on my bed and talked for hours. We talked about everything, my dad, my grandmother, and my mate. 

"Wait, wait, wait...if he's your mate he has to me a wolf..."

"Well he's not."

"But he can't be a human! That's against rules isn't it?"

"I always thought it was, but he is a human. I can smelll it on him."

"Does anyone else know you've found him?" she whispered

"No... grandmother said she knew I found him, not that she knows anything though."

"Are you going to tell her? Maybe she can help?"

"Maybe... I don't know..." I trailed off thinking hard.

"She is the last elder... if this has happened before, she'll know."

"I know, but would now be the best time? Her son just died."

She thought about this for a moment, "Everything happens for a reason. Maybe this happened for a reason and the spirit elders have something big planned for you. Go find her."

"Possibly..." 

"Go, to, her. Now." she interrupted 

"But..."

"Now." she said sternly.

 "Okay...okay." I said holding my hands up and standing up from the bed.

I walked to my grandmother's house and knocked lightly on the door. 

"I thought you'd never come." my grandmother said through the closed door, "Come in Nadia."

I opened the door and stepped inside. "Hello Grandmother," I said nodding my head.

"What took you so long?"

"What do you mean?"

"What took you so long to come to me for help?" She asked again.

"How...how did you..."

"I just know." She said interrupting. "Now, I believe you are ready."

"Ready for what, Grandmother?"

"Ready for your true self."

"My true self?" I asked.

"Yes. You are a princess, the daughter of an alpha, the granddaughter of the queen elder." She said.

"You're an elder?" I whispered.

"I am the queen of the elders."

Elders are the highest werewolves, higher than the alphas. They are smarter than any living thing. 

"Having elder blood in you makes you more powerful." She said.

"It does?" I asked, confused.

"Yes, it does. You are rare, you are a female with alpha blood. Only alphas may create werewolves meaning you can change a human being to a werewolf."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*A/N*

Sorry it took so long to update but I'm here now! What do we think so far? Please let me know, it means a lot to hear from you!

Vote and Comment! <3