I'll Follow You Into The Dark [] 4

CHAPTER FOUR
2ND POV
9/25/17
[]
"Maybe life isn't for everyone."
–Anonymous
[]

   "And they Omega Keys?"

   "In Omega's possession."

   "Omega? Why not Megatron?"

   "Because he is dead, and so is Starscream. She has killed them, and become the Queen of the Decepticons."

   Dreadwing didn't think you'd be sparkbroken to hear he just gave away the element of surprise the Cons had previously. But the deaths of the warmonger and seeker needed to be known, and he was determined to make sure the disgraceful shadow didn't spread further. Knowing you, you'd think it was just another on the Nemesis. Another day with your mentally unstable creator who's created such a monstrous childhood you'd been forced to become accustomed to.

   You had been on the Decepticon warship for a very, very short period of time. Yet, the mech seemed to like you more than others on this ship, namely, your remaining parent. A smile on your face would be a nice sight for anyone to catch! Unfortunately for you, the only thing on your face was an unnaturally blank expression that looked a bit too dead behind the optics for someone your age. The thought saddened him, but making you happy wasn't the top thing in his priorities list.

   He couldn't fix you. Dreadwing knew that much. But, he would follow you into the dark.
[]

   "Tell me, Dreadwing," Omega said with a sigh, her back facing the mech, "are you alright? I know seeing your sibling die and be brought back to life can't exactly be easy." The lieutenant had just walked into the control room as she said that. It was as if she knew he would be coming there the instant he came back to the warship. You stood next to her with an optic ridge raised as you looked up at her. Even you were confused by your own creator at times.

   "I am doing quite well, thank you, my queen." He answered plainly. You felt that sick feeling in your tanks again that said something was about to go terribly wrong. The new leader of the Decepticons let out a long, dramatic sigh before turning to face him.

   "Oh, Dready, dearest! You can talk to me about anything. After all, there must be some sort of reason as to why you'd ever want to steal the Forge of Solus Prime!" The femme hissed. Her grin grew, showing her sharp dents as the door behind him—his only exit—snapped shut. Your optics widened. Dreadwing betraying the Decepticon cause? That didn't sound anything like him.

   His optics widened as well, and he looked to you for help, bit there was nothing you could do. Before anyone could even blink, Omega had her blaster out and landed a clean shot straight through the spark chamber of the lieutenant. She cackled with an almost innocent and charming smile.

   "What—what was that all about?!" You blurted, staring at the honorable mech's now lifeless body. Omega shrugged and turned back to the gigantic computer screen in front of her. She continued typing, but didn't fail to acknowledge your question.

   "Well, my loveliest spark, I knew that the memory of Starscream 'dishonoring' Skyquake, I knew he may have some trouble recovering. He was not pleased when I killed his master, and turned to helping the enemy. So, I simply told Soundwave to monitor the relics at all times." She explained. It was simple enough, and you almost wanted to scold Dreadwing's corpse for not seeing this coming. You instead scolded yourself for not warning him. Your creator was incredible crazy, but she knew how to stay in power.

   "I see." You replied softly, biting your derma lightly. She let out a triumphant huff.

   "Well, go on and tell Knockout to hurry the frag up or I'll frag him. I'm going to have Soundwave run a few errands for me." Your mother ordered impatiently. You rushed off in your newly acquired vehicle form (which was a nice and speedy motorcycle) to go threaten the doctor. Meanwhile, Omega began her plan to do more sinister things than simply work at a monitor all day. Besides, some soldier had to clean up that mess in the middle of the room.
[]

   Omega and her troops walked across the dusty ruins of Cybertron. The home planet had been ravaged by centuries of civil war, and you could already feel the pain and disturbance that was constantly in the air. You stayed alongside your creator as she marched happily in front of her army to revive the mechanical world. This time, the sick feeling in your tanks refused to go away, and you could only assume their would be more death on this very day.

   And you were absolutely correct.

   "According to the landmarks shown by the Keys, the Omega Lock is located deep inside the Sea of Rust." You told the femme. She had her usual iron grip on your wrist, like she was threatening to snap it off. Like you might try to run away. Your creator nodded at you before continuing on from your perch on the tall hill.

   Not too long after, a dust storm arrived and attacked through the wind. You all seemed to be doing alright so far, but it became increasingly difficult to read your portable scanner. From what you could see currently, you were all just about there. And that, my friends, is when trouble arrived.

   First, it was just Smokescreen. He shot a small group of vehicons before running back to the cover of the storm. It didn't seem to phase your mother, though it did confuse the both of you on how the Autobots managed to get a Space Bridge. Next, Bumblebee used the Polarity Gauntlet to launch a large chunk of metal onto some of the army. Again, your mother still didn't seem worried. You only hoped that the plan up her metaphorical sleeve wouldn't involve any more death, though it may very well end up that way.