Strongest Girl I Know

As the ambulance drove me to the hospital, I laid on my side holding my stomach tightly, hoping that would somehow make the pain go away. The nurses and doctors on board of the ambulance kept telling me I shouldn't hold my stomach like that, but I had to. Steven had has hand in mine and he's been whispering reassuring words in my ear.

"You're strong. You can handle this. Everything is going to be okay..."

When we made it to the hospital, I was wheeled into a room where the doctors began a ultrasound. They looked around for a bit, not finding anything wrong with the babies appearance.

"I think I'm going to be sick" I grunt. A doctor handed me a small trash can where I soon became sick into.

"We are going to do a blood test and see if we can determine anything from that" he says. "We will give you some pain killers to see if that helps at all."

They left and a nurse came back shortly after. She first gave me the pain medication, then she began to take my blood. "Okay Ms. Cohan, you rest a while and try to relax while we get the blood test back alright?" She says.

I nodded biting my lip. "Thank you" Steven said as the nurse left the room. Once the door shut I burst into tears. Steven gripped me close, "Please don't cry" He says.

"I'm in so much pain" I sob. "What could be wrong? What if our baby girl is in danger?"

"Lauren, the doctor said the baby looked okay..." he says.

"Then what's wrong" I cry.

"I don't know..." Steven says. "But hey look at me...whatever it is, you are going to be tough through it. I mean come on. You're Lauren freaking Cohan! You're the strongest girl I know!"

I laugh and wipe my eyes. I nod slightly still wanting to cry. I wanted to know why...why couldn't things just go smoothly. Why can't I just be lucky and live the life I've always wanted? I stare at the white ceiling fiddling with my thumbs as I waited impatiently.

30 minuets pass and the doctor returns to my room. He sat beside my bed and smiled lightly. "So you have food poisoning. This can irritate the baby, but also your stomach, obviously" he says. "This is clearly the cause of your discomfort and pain, but everything will be fine."

I smile as I held Stevens hand. "Thank you" I gasp, happily. Steven was smiling as well, biting his lip to prevent him from crying.

"You can pick up your medication from Walgreens in a couple hours. You're free to go" he says getting up. He placed his hand on my shoulder and nodded before walking out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Days later I was back home and laying in my warm bed. Ever since the doctor visit, I've been in a bit of a rut. I just couldn't accept the fact that my baby was in distress. I was so mad that the restaurant and I just wanted them to know what they did.

I laid on my more comfortable side, my face halfway buried in my pillow. The covers were covering my body completely, with the exception of my face.

Steven came into the bedroom and sighed. "Lauren you have to get up today" He says sitting on the edge of the bed. He rubbed my leg lightly.

"I don't HAVE too" I say, rolling over to face him slightly.

"Yes you do, because we have to film today" he says.

I groan sitting up rubbing my stomach lightly. "What are we doing today?" I ask.

Steven looked down and sighed. "We're filming my death scene...." he says quietly. He placed his hands in his pockets, his head hanging lightly. This clearly upset him because I know he loved being on the show.

I frown lightly. "I'm sorry babe" I say getting up. I wrapped my arms around his neck and place my forehead against his. "Just think, your TV life became a reality and your obviously not gonna die anytime soon."

He smiled lightly, putting his arms around my waist. "It did didn't it...." he chuckles.

I nodded. "I'm just gonna go in this, I say slipping a pair of tennis shoes on. I was wearing a oversized t-shirt and grey leggings.

"Grab a jacket, the cold this morning" He says, slipping his own jacket on.

I grabbed my jacket of a hook and slipped it on. As I walked downstairs I slipped my hair into a ponytail, getting it out of my face.

After a short drive across town we made it to set. I slipped out of the car and wobbled towards the hair and make-up department. I stepped inside. "Lauren, so great to see you" Cristian said as they worked on the scar on her face.

"Thanks" smiles lightly, slowly sitting in a chair.

"How are you feeling?" She asks.

"Better, but honestly still like crap" I admit. I'd never had food poisoning before, and it was hell.

"I'm sorry" she says. "It sucks that you got that while pregnant. It probably makes it 10 times worse."

"It does definitely" I laugh lightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We all kneeled on the ground in a line, making it seem like we were living a nightmare. My baby bump was being covered by the shirt I wore. It was fitting I was sick at the moment, because that's how my character was.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan started his lines and I started to grow emotional. It wouldn't be the same filming without Steven by my side. He's been my right hand man ever since I joined the show.

"Well....back to it" Jeffrey said. After that there was no going back.

After the night of filming was over we had the last part to film. The dream scene. This scene would be the last thing Steven would film.

We all sat at the table in our 'perfect' life, enjoying a meal together. The cameras zoomed in on Steven and Michael. They exchanged a glance and I heard the director yell "cut!"

"That's a wrap on Season 7, episode 1!" He called. I bit my lip and enveloped Steven in a hug. I cried lightly into his neck trying to hide my emotions from the others.

There was no doubt that Steven shed some tears while we were there and he was hugging the others. From now on, I would have to continue by myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sup guys. All I can say is that when I have no service, I'm more motivated to write cuz it's all I can do🤣