Ch. 50 - The End

final chapter. the tears are real. i miss it already. this is also probably the last story I'll write on Wattpad. I am so grateful for the past 5 years writing and growing with this app. thank you to everyone who has supported any one of my stories. so much love for all.

"Li, I love you."

Elliott takes my hand and kisses the back of it. "I love you, Ivy."

"I love you, Jett," my brother says to himself and kisses the back of his own hand. Elliott punches his shoulder lightly before throwing his right arm over his shoulders.

Beth sits next to me and drops her basket on the floor, a few petals falling on the floor. "How much longer, Ivy?"

"I don't know, sweetie. It could be awhile. You might have to go home with your mom and Ethan if it gets too late."

She crosses her arms over her chest. "No fair!"

"Bethany, don't argue with Ivy right now. Today's her day," Jonas says and picks up his little sister in his arms. "If you want to argue with someone, Mom's over there." Jonas points to where Mrs. Kennedy and Mr. and Mrs. McClean are talking. "But I advise you be a big girl. Mom's not in the best mood right now."

Elliott lets out a puff of air through his nose. "I genuinely thought Mom was going to curse out that police officer who pulled us over."

"Dude, she was clutching the steering wheel so tightly. Her knuckles were whiter than you, man."

Elliott laughs and kicks out his foot, aiming to hit his brother. Jonas dodges it and holds Bethany out in his arms as a shield. Elliott chases Jonas throughout the hospital, the two laughing and yelling. That is, until Mrs. Kennedy walks over to separate them and yell at them. They might technically both be adults, but they're definitely still children.

The doors to the operating wing swing open and Flynn rushes out. He's still in a tuxedo, his tie off and shirt disheveled. He's wearing scrubs and a mask. I stand up and rush over to him, my wedding dress dragging behind me. We form a half-circle in front of Flynn.

He smiles, his eyes welled with tears. "It's a boy."

Elliott hugs his best man. Flynn's cheeks are stained with tears, and he holds Elliott tightly.

The doctor lets the McCleans and Vic and Jackie go first. Jett and I are allowed in next. I can't stop from crying when I see my sister holding her baby boy in her arms. Nora looks exhausted, sweaty with her hair matted to her forehead. She has never looked more beautiful.

"Hi," I say, gently taking my nephew from a temporarily reluctant Nora. "Hi, baby. I'm your Aunt Ivy." I move my head down to whisper in his tiny ear, "you are going to be so loved."

I hand him to Jett. "Did you pick a name?"

Flynn and Nora look at each other with beaming smiles. "Gavin Neil McClean."

Our dad's name was Neil. Although he was never the father any of us had hoped for, he's the reason I have my family. My life is everything because of Jett and Nora.

Today is a beautiful day. My family has gotten so much bigger. I have Jett, Nora, Jackie and Vic. I have Addison, Jonas, Crystal, Rosie, Ethan, Bethany, and Mrs. Kennedy. I have Flynn and his family. I have Elliott. And now I have Gavin Neil McClean.

"Hi, Gavin," Jett says and kisses Dean's head. "I'm the superior uncle, Jett. No offense to Charlie."

Flynn's brother nods his head and looks down at Gavin. "Eh, I'm not really a kid person, kid."

The Kennedys walk into the small hospital room. I wrap an arm around Elliott's waist and put my head against his shoulder. He smiles at baby Gavin.