Chapter Seven | Winter Wonderland

Estella and Cyprus started texting a little frequently

Estella and Cyprus started texting a little frequently. For Estella, it was something new, having never had a friend to text before. Previously, all her texting would be school related, which would end quickly, in cold business-like manner. It was fun and she finally found a use for all those emojis.

Cyprus was also happy. He enjoyed Estella's company and how they could talk about anything. Their conversations ranges from laughing a funny memes or vines to intellectual ones about the news. He was always caught smiling at his phone by his parents when he was wandering around the house.

It was the short two week Christmas holidays and they had met a few times to finish up their presentation. Other than that, they spent time talking to each other via texting. There were even a few phone calls, but Estella was too shy to talk half the time, surprisingly, so it was usually Cyprus doing all the talking. He would tell her about his life before London and all the adventures he used to have, promising to take her one day to experience it. Estella didn't have many stories to tell him, but he would listen to her when she wanted to ramble about the books she had read. It was cute to see her get excited over plot twists and characters.

They were meeting in the same library as usual to finish up the last bits and pieces of their presentation. They would be presenting within the first few days back at school and were currently splitting up the parts to learn for then. They finished up relatively early compared to previous sessions. Cyprus usually walked Estella home afterwards but today he had a different plan. He had been surfing the Internet when something caught his eye. He wanted to go and there was no better company to take with than Estella. They left the library when Cyprus knew he had to convince her to join him.

"Estella, can I have a favour from you?" He tried to seem as innocent as possible.

"Depends, what exactly do you want from me?" She was suspicious, he was trying to hard to seem innocent and he looked a bit nervous.

"Well there's this thing happening in Hyde Park, called Winter Wonderland and I was wondering if you'll come with me?" Estella knew what he was talking about. She had gone once, when she was younger, with her family. It was a beautiful place.

"Oh, why?" She didn't understand why he was asking her when he could go with his other friends.

"Why not? I'm sure you'll love it, please say you'll go with me," he pleaded. He could see the doubt on her face, it was a good thing he hadn't planned for anyone else to join them or else she might find it uncomfortable.

"When do you want to go?" It wouldn't be so bad to go again after so long.

"Now."

"Now?"

"Yes, come on please," he begged. He knew it wasn't going to be easy to get her to join him, but it would be worth it in the end, he was sure.

"But I'm not dressed to go." She frowned at her casual attire. She needed to have a day's notice to plan the perfect outfit.

"You look perfect to me, Little Star." And that's all it took to melt any resistance she had against going. They took the bus to the nearest train station and caught a train to Marble Arch. Estella explained to Cyprus how to use the underground, as he had only used it twice before.

They arrived and quickly joined the masses of crowd, whilst holding hands, who were also going to Winter Wonderland. It was dark by the time they reached and the lights attracted their attention. There were different sections to go to but they decided to just go to the stalls today. The stalls held a variety of items. They even shared Nutella pancakes as they wandered slowly between each stall.

Cyprus found a stall that sold jewelry and bought Estella a necklace. It was silver with a small star made of diamonds at the end of it. It was so she could always remember this trip. He insisted her putting it on there and then so she asked him to do it for her. She held up her blonde hair, waiting patient as he moved close to her. Her breath hitched and he slowly clasped the necklace, he wanted nothing more to kiss her back, but didn't want to push her.

It was soon getting late and it was time to go home. Cyprus insisted on talking Estella home because it was very dark. He walked her all the way home, the hands intertwined, swinging between them.

"I had a lot of fun today," he said.

"Me too, thank you again for the present," she replied. He had bought it despite her objects. They stopped outside her house, neither of them wanting to let go of each other.

Estella twirled the necklace between her fingers, looking shyly up a Cyprus. She was unsure of what she wanted to happen. Cyprus leaned closer to her, pausing to give her a chance to move away but she didn't, she moved closer to him. They were just a breathe away from each other, "I want to kiss you, Little Star."

"I'm not stopping you," she replied and then their lips met for the first time.

~*~

Winter Wonderland is a real thing, go if you have a chance.