37: Parmesan

Chapter 37: Parmesan

"Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock! Jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring! Snowing and blowing up bushels of fun...", George sang on his karaoke machine while we watched him destroy our eardrums but we didn't say anything as he was enjoying himself. Sebastian kept on cheering, I bet he was already deaf from hearing him sing. So now he was just pretending to listen to him, or else I don't know how he was putting himself through this.

"Who sings Christmas songs in summer? He's going to make me deaf today, I swear" Hailey said taking a sip of her soda.

"Well its George so I'm not surprised," I looked around to see Josh, Leo and Derek not there beside us,"Where are the guys?"

"I guess they escaped. Lucky them".

I laughed. The soda tasted better today, my guess was that George may have spiked the sodas with alcohol. His mom helped him host this party which meant keeping it PG so he had to come up with this ingenious plan. And his mom hates sodas so she wouldn't have tasted it either. But Mrs. Mathews was away and I bet they will be bringing the real deal soon.

"I've something to tell you", Hailey said looking down. "You know how Derek likes to code.... well last week I realized he puts on his glasses and likes to work on his laptop shirtless. I saw him and that's when I lost it and...", she sighed, "We did it".

"What?" I nearly spit my drink.

"Yes. It was great actually. And he does this trick where-".

"YOU HAD SEX WITH DEREK?!" I cried out.

"Could you be anymore louder? I don't think everyone heard you", Hailey cried out sarcastically.

"I am sorry", I said lowering my voice," But you boinked him?"

"Stop calling it that! Yes I did", Hailey said. "Things are going great between us actually", she said,"But sadly he will be leaving for Columbia next year", she said ruefully. Since the boys were in their senior year they were applying to colleges now. Derek got accepted to Columbia which was his dream university while Josh got accepted to a art college in New York. They will be going away together. Leo hasn't decided on any colleges yet, he will be taking a gap year as he needs to be here with his mother. "I will miss that asshole so much".

"Aww Hailey", I hugged her, "Its only a year, you'll be joining him soon although I don't think you would get accepted to the same University. I mean you flunked forth grade math..", I teased. She elbowed me, smiling at me.

"Ouch. That hurt!" I cried out dramatically. We both laughed.

..............

The house was buzzing with people, to be honest I didn't know George was that popular. Then again you didn't need to be popular to get yourself a lot of guests at the party. Finals were only a few weeks away. I guess people needed something to get their tension off so George's party was the solution. George didn't mind though, he was basking in his new found popularity, "Here have some more chips", George said to Aaron Gibson handing him a packet of chips.

"Thanks. Cool party by the way", Aaron said taking the packet from him.

"Thank you! By the way, good game bro, yesterday! You killed it!" George didn't go to the game yesterday, he was too busy preparing for the party. In fact he hates going to school matches.

"Thanks man!" Aaron said looking impressed.

"In fact I attended all your matches, you are an amazing player!" The last hockey match George went to was in sixth grade just because Hailey dragged him to it. Yup, he was definitely sucking up to him.