P.I || chapter 10

My eyes stared daggers into Michael's eyes, his ever so dreamy eyes. STOP EMILY! I said to myself I was getting distracted again.

I was attempting to show Michael my feelings on all of this, I mean how was I meant to react? Jumping up and down whilst thanking everyone for this 'opportunity' no. Not happening, I had mixed emotions half of me was telling me to go along with it this was my only chance at freedom but my gut feeling was to back away from this and just keep my head down.

Well that was going well...

"Say something"
"Em!" Michael spoke softly then sternly more of an order than and query.

My head turned swiftly from him to John, still hand in head grunting to himself seeming very agitated, I don't blame him if someone gatecrashed my plans I wouldn't be so pleased.

"What do you expect from me Michael I don't understand."

"Have you seen the man which is secluded away from all of us in the separate courtyard?"

"Yeh, what about him?"
Now I was interested, what could Michael possibly be doing with a deathrow inmate?

"Well, hes my br..."

"YARD TIME, ALL INMATES OPEN ON CELLS."

Michael was cut off promptly, by the infamous bellick, his distinctive voice bounced off the cold metal railings ringing in my ears.

Michael walked past me when a wave of relief washed over his face? What was he going to say, great timing bellick, great timing.

Michael slowed his pace insinuating that I should catch up with him, I mean after all he promised to look over me.

I heard johns heavy boots rattling behind us, each footstep forced and dragging his body weight to the chilling Illinois air, my breathe was visible and my nose was bright red, about to fall off knowing my luck,

At least I won't smell the food!

We all walked in painful silence I guess we all had nothing to say...

"P.I. REPORT TO THE GATE AND CHANGE INTO YOUR OUTFITS, HURRY UP DONT DORDAL LADIES!"

P.I? "What's that?" I questioned Michael as he Sucre, c note, tbag, John, Charles and the man Michael was talking about the one on death row all gathered outside a building, maybe it stood for prison something I wasn't sure but I was desperate to find out, I needed to join 'p.I' I had a gut feeling it wouldn't be as simple as clicking my heels and if miraculously show up in my uniform.

I pondered over to the corner and sat on the grass avoiding all physical and social contact with the other inmates, as all my 'friends' were busy enjoying themselves painting walls, a girl can dream...

I sat there for what felt like minutes but was clearly substantially longer as everyone was being gathered towards the entrance of the prison, yard time was finished great yet another time of my day wasted doing absolutely nothing.

My life for the next 5 years isn't looking too peachy, or maybe a few weeks if I get Michael to explain his secrecy. If only.

I stood up and gathered towards the exit of the yard, my feet dragged along as I tucked my hands into the pockets of my oversized trousers I was trying to conserve any heat which my body could hold, the temperature just seemed to get colder and colder.

"Em" a raspy voice spoke as a hand grasped my shoulder, my heart raced for a split second until my body warmed from just the voice of Michael.

I tried not to make it obvious, the smirk slowly spreading across my face but he must have noticed as my smile seemed contagious considering one was now plastered on him.

We walked silently back to our cells, pleasant silence for once, not cold and awkward.

We reached our cell which seemed oddly empty, I had no time to think about it as before I knew it bellick was stood in front of me with a rather estranged expression. I was staring at his face the days without shaving left uneven stubble in patches on his face, and the stench his body left was incomprehensible.

"Come with me mrs peters, NOW"
His raspy voice rung my ears as he was centimetres away from my face, his words went in one ear and out the other, this couldn't be happening!

That's when I noticed the small, yellow stained box containing my belongings, NO!

"This must be a mistake!"
I spoke breathlessly, I could only trust Michael and Sucre in here, this isn't fair how could warden abandon me like this. Corrupt system, I was terrified to the core.

As Michael's face dropped as if his world had been turned on its head Sucre pleaded for the warden but he showed no remorse, great more luck for me!

I followed bellick reluctantly and ended up standing outside a cell, but it wasn't empty I couldn't quite see who it was.

Until they stood up towering over me, avocado.

I felt the pit of my stomach tighten and the tears well up in my eyes. I couldn't show emotion! Not to him, I placed my urine stained duvet cover onto the mattress, of avocados many previous roommates, I turned out towards the other cells and I saw Michael and Sucre on the upper tier with their new roomie.

Wait! No it couldn't be, haywire! From the psych ward, the whole plan was ruined I could feel it. This wasn't good.

That's when my eyes met michaels he tried to give me a reassuring smile, except it came more as a cry for help, or a sorry? He was so difficult to read but that's what I loved about him.

I now admit I really do like him, if only the feeling wasn't mutual. Or is it?

"Have a nice night peters, stay warm." Bellick spoke in a patronising, provocative manner, but I knew this was his sick way of telling a joke.

As he trundled away he winked to avocado. Now I know my hole had only just got inches deeper.

Hey guys! I'm back.
So sorry I was inactive i had so much going on but thank you a million for 1 thousand reads! I never thought I would even get 10! Thank you all and please enjoy this chapter, please comment any feedback and also vote. Thank you once again !