Why me?

Date?

Date......

Date?!

The words replayed in my mind like a broken tape recorder. Date?! I don't understand, why would he want to go on a date with me? With me of all people?! He could have any girl he wants, hell, if he decided he was gay, he could have any guy he wants. He's adorable, cute, pretty funny, childish sometimes, and sometimes sweet; he could protect you when you need it, because somehow this motherfucker has some good ass timing.

He has everything you could look for a guy, so why me? Why did he bring me in a date? I don't get it. What do I have, a quality that I posses for him to like me? No, just because we are in a date, that doesn't mean he likes me. That's right, how can he like me if I have only insulted him. I have never presented him some act of kindness whatsoever; so that means he wouldn't like me, right? It's just, how would someone like you, if you don't even like yourself.

Yes, you heard me; I don't like myself. But that doesn't mean I hate myself, I just don't like how I am, sometimes I feel out of place sometimes. You may be wondering why? Well, if I actually knew, I would tell you. But sadly I don't, maybe it happened when I started to get bullied; they used to bully me emotionally, calling me awful names, like ugly, stupid, scrawny, loner; etc. It actually hurt me when I was a kid, if it haven't been for Mel and my family, I don't know what would have happened.

"Hey, Hunter?" Adrien called out to me, his voice snapping me out of my deep thought.

"Huh? What?" I said to him looking at him confused.

"You spaced out on me for a while, I was starting to get worried." He said giving me his charming bright smile, as always, it made my heart skip a beat; no, correction. It made my heart skip a few beats.

"So, uh...... this is a date?" I said to him trying to get to an understanding of our situation.

"Yeah." He said while giving me a nod.

"If you don't mind me asking. Why?" I said to him, looking at him straight in the eye. His eyes shimmered with the small orange color sunlight. He looked at me rather confused at first.

"Uhh, don't people take the person they like to a date?" He asked curiously. There was the word I was looking for, like.

"But, you don't like me. You're straight, you don't even know me that well." I said a little louder then I intended. This boy always manages me to get a bit flustered somehow, he always manages to make me lose my composure. I don't understand what's he doing to me.

"Well, that's what I thought too. But then you came along, and then we started to hangout; at first I couldn't stand you, you were so stubborn. But then you accepted my rather childish side, and then I thought you might not be half bad. Then before I knew it, I started looking forward to our meet ups for the project, and at school. Then one day, I realized I liked you." He said a little embarrassed, I knew because every time he got embarrassed he would caress the back of his neck, and he had a small rosy pink blush decorating the top of his nose that passed through his cheeks.

I don't understand, what is there to like about me?

"And it is true that I don't know you that well, and that's why I organized this date. For us to get to know each other better." He said while looking at the picnic he just did. I didn't understand why he liked me, but I decided to go with it because we could get to know each other better, and I could ask him what he likes about me.

"Alright, lets go." I said gesturing him to follow me, which he did. We sat on the blanket that was laid on top of the grass, and he opened the picnic basket. He took out a few sodas and chips, then he took out spaghetti, which surprised me a bit.