27. WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

This chapter is super long like 3000 words lol
Thank you all for all the kind comments and votes!

Also, just letting you guys know I'm really trying to stick to David Harbour's interpretation of Jim which is him abiding to justice more than his personal life and wants/needs. Which makes him really disconnected and not fluffy😅 but fluffy Jim will return!!! I promise!!

Not edited!

_____________________________

The intoxicating smell of roasted chicken and mashed potatoes wafted into the den where Natalie was watching some Halloween movie with Will and Johnathan. Will's feet were on her lap as he watched the moving screen in front of them. Bob's hearty laugh echoed through the house as he recorded Joyce stirring the mashed potatoes.

Bob scampered over to where they were sitting and pointed the video camera in their faces. His lips were drawn up into a beaming smile, "ahh, here's the rest of the family! We've got Will using Nat's lap as a foot rest, and Johnathan dozing off on a pillow! Classic!" He laughed again.

Johnathan lazily opened his eyes and gave Natalie an 'are you kidding me look'"

She stifled a laugh and glanced at Will who was trying very hard to not roll his eyes.

"Bob! Get back in here! I need your help with something!" Joyce said with a laugh.

"Directors orders, which means I've got to get moving," he said to the them with a wink and jogged back over to Joyce.

Will removed his socked feet from Natalie's lap and sat up with a stretch, "I'm going to take a shower before dinner." He said tiredly.

Johnathan and Natalie nodded at him before glancing at each other.

"How do you think he's doing?" She asked him.

Johnathan shifted in his seat, "he's been pretty down lately. The kids at school call him 'zombie boy'" he said with a troubled expression.

Natalie sank back into the couch, her stomach rolling with anger and sadness for Will. "Middle school kids can be so mean." She said with a click of her tongue.

Johnathan nodded in agreement, "I told him that being weird was good, you know. Like, he doesn't have to conform to society's rules."

Natalie patted Johnathan's knee, "That's good advice. You know, you're a good brother, Will's lucky to have you."

Johnathan smiled softly and looked at the carpet, "thank you, Nat."

She grinned at him and turned her head to see Will walking out of his bedroom with wet hair.

He smiled at them, "is dinner ready? I'm starving."

Just them Joyce called from the kitchen, "dinners ready!"

They all scrambled to the kitchen and grabbed their food before sitting down at the dinner table. Within a few minutes they were all finished, which wasn't surprising.

Natalie looked over at Will with bright eyes, "ready to get ice cream?" She asked him while wiggling her eyebrows.

Will laughed and nodded, "definitely!"

She brought her plate over to the sink and washed it off before grabbing her keys off the counter. Will put on his winter jacket and waved to his mom as they walked out to her car.

Natalie blasted the heat and rolled out of the driveway and on to the road. She turned on the radio with a grin and squirmed in her seat with excitement when Footloose came on.

Smoke -- Jim HopperOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara