Chapter 61

Chapter 61

**

"So?" Amber trailed.

"So what?" I asked, forcing a smile.

Amber looked around uncomfortably before settling her gaze back on me with a determinant look. "I heard about it."

"About what?" I asked, feigning ignorance.

"You know about what." She said, giving me a flat look. I shrugged and behaved like it didn't affect me. "Oh, come on. You can't just shrug it off." She said in disbelief.

"Then what do you want me to do?" I snapped at her. "I get it. I get it that it's too much for him to handle and not seeing me is his easy way out. It's his life, Amber. He can do as he pleases."

"Yes." Said a voice from the doorway. We both turned to look at the intruder. I turned away from him and pretended that he isn't here. "Can I talk to you alone?"

"No." I straight away refused.

"I'll leave you two alone." Amber said, retreated back out of the room, but not before giving me a look. I scowled at her for leaving me alone. Traitor.

"Gwen." Ashton whispered. "How are you?"

"Better without you." I lied. Even though I am hurt that he didn't want to see me, I was secretly pleased that he came. He did come after all.

Ashton chuckled. It was humourless chuckle. "Hard to believe."

"What do you want Ashton?" I sighed. He wants to break up, right? So let's get it done with.

"I want to know how you are doing?" He asked.

"As you can see, I'm fine." I replied.

I heard him sigh. I still refuse to look at him. "Gwen, look at me." He asked, softly. I shook my head. "Please."

This time I turned towards him. A gasp escaped my mouth as I saw his state. He didn't look any better than Ryan. He was right. Ryan was right. Ashton didn't look good at all. There were heavy bags under his eyes. Red, swollen eyes were staring back at me. It looked like he lost a lot of weight. His hands were tied in a bandage. There was a hint of blood on his knuckles. His hair was messy, disheveled from running his hands through it.

"Ashton."

I could see his eyes well up in tears. He rushed towards me and pulled me closer to him. He rested his head against my shoulder and shook a little as he cried. "I thought I lost you. I blamed you for leaving me. You died in front of me. You left me."

Pulling him closer, I softly rubbed his back. "I'm sorry."

"But when Ryan told me you were breathing it was like I was breathing again. I was happy. There was hope. Hope that you'll be okay. You went into coma, but that hope didn't leave. But when you didn't....you didn't remember me, it was like someone took that hope away, leaving me with nothing." He cried softly, his arms tightening around me.

"I'm never leaving you again." I reassured.

"I won't let you." He said, determined with his words. I smiled at his possessiveness. "But don't you dare forget me ever again."

I chuckled. "I won't. I swear."

He pulled back as I wiped the tears away. Wrapping his hands around my neck, he pulled me towards him, kissing me like nothing before. The heart monitor speed itself from how fast my heart was beating.

Pulling away, I rested my forehead against him. "You still want to see me, right?"

"I wouldn't have kissed you, if I didn't." He smiled, pecking my lips, before pulling away.