Chapter 52

For some reason this chapter had been unpublished and I had to delete and republish it again. If there is still any issue with this chapter, feel free to drop me a message. Enjoy!

Chapter 52

**

The moment I woke up, I knew it wasn't my day. My whole body was aching. I was covered in sweat, and there was a light headache. I tried to get up, but as soon as I tried sitting, I fell back again with a groan. I picked up my phone and called Mary-Ann. She had her phone with her so whenever we come down with something like fever or some flu, we call Mary-Ann.

"Hello?" A very confuse Mary-Ann answered.

"Mary-Ann, I think I came up with something. Can you get me advil or something?" I asked in hoarse voice.

"Of course, I'll be right there." She said as I heard some shuffling in the background. I ended the call after that and send a quick text to Amber explaining the situation. I asked her talk to the council member along with Tyler on this one and hand a copy of the file to Uncle Ben.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Startled by the sudden noise I called, "Come in."

Mary-Ann walked in with a glass of water and my medicine. She placed the tray beside my bed and handed me the medicine. "Here you go. Take this pill and rest for a while."

As instructed, I took the medicine and laid to go to sleep again. My eyes were already feeling heavy and my body ached. Mary-Ann left with the empty tray as I went to sleep. I don't remember how long I was out sleeping, but I was woken by my bedroom door being slammed open. My eyes grazed at the intruder. It was none other than Ashton, who apparently looked like he ran a marathon. He was panting and sweating. I wonder what happened?

"Hey. Are you okay?" I asked, sitting up on the bed.

"Am I what? You didn't show up at school today." He said in disbelief.

"Oh!" I groaned. I guess I forgot to leave a message to Ashton about me not coming in today due to my fever. "Sorry. I forgot to message you."

"I figured. I meet Amber and asked her about your absence. She told me you weren't feeling well," he explained, walking in and taking a seat next to me on the bed.

"Did you come running here to see if I was okay?" I teased.

"Obviously. I had to make sure you didn't catch any disease." He replied, smirking.

I huffed and crossed my arms, turning away from. "Whatever."

He chuckled. "But on a serious note, are you okay?"

I sighed and nodded. "I feel better now. Just a minor flu. I'll be up walking like any other day from tomorrow."

"I wouldn't expect any less." He laughed.

Again, my door was slammed open. But this time it was a man in suit. He didn't look like he ran a marathon, but he did look like a dog was running behind him. Trust me when I say, Will doesn't like dogs. I don't know why. They are so cute.

"Uncle Ben called in the office asking why you weren't there in school." Will rushed his words in concern. "What happened?"

I blinked. I opened my mouth and closed it again. He came running down from office to see why I didn't go to school? Wow! He really is scared of not knowing where I am. Then I guess when I'll be back from Paris, I'm sure I'm under house arrest.

"Gwen's coming down with fever." Replied Ashton.

"What? How come I didn't know about it?" Will asked, angrily.