Chapter Thirty Eight Part Two

reminder to go and check out the second book in this series: "talia and the tale two packs"
if that store starts to get a little love, i will drop the third story "mercy and the merciless alpha" AND UPDATE ALL THREE BOOKS IN SYNC WITH EACH OTHER....that would mean three different updates a week potentially ;-) sooooo....go check it out!
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

There's a sharp and yet very dull pain radiating from my chest. Sounds were all around me and yet I couldn't open my eyes.

I tried to move my arms but nothing would budge, it felt as if I had run seventeen marathons and my body was just too spent to function.

I took a deep breath and felt a heavy weight on me, restricting my breathing. This time when I attempted to lift my hand to investigate, my limb not only moved but came into contact with an object protruding from my chest.

Suddenly my eyes snapped wide open and I was back in the large audience hall, wolves were everywhere, Matteo was circling around Lysander and blood..my blood was everywhere.

I had shifted. It all came crashing back to me, flooding my senses and blinding me temporarily.

Finally, after all these years I'd found my wolf and then my own mother attempted to kill me with her f:cking walking stick and Matteo's wolf was restored and the...

The mate bond, our mate bond. It was completed.

My hand wrapped around the cylindrical object  sticking out of the right side of my chest, I followed its length to the top and remembered it was Lysander's staff; my mother's weapon was now imbedded inside of me.

I attempted to tug it out and a scream ripped through my lungs, Matteo's head instantly snapped in my direction, "Olive, hold on!"

He was distracted by me and Lysander took advantage of this, slamming him into the nearest wall, effectively catching him off guard.

I began to panic, panic for the situation I found myself in and the danger Matteo was in. With each frightened breath I took, I felt more and more blood begin to seep out of the wound and into the pool that had formed around me.

Lysander stalked towards Matteo who was righting himself already, she threw her hand towards his face and he dodged it with ease. He stepped around her and from behind, Matteo swung his leg into the soft part of the back of her knee. Her leg buckled and she fell on the floor.

Matteo pushed his knee into her back and wrapped his hands around my mother's neck, she clawed at his arms as he attempted to twist her neck and effectively end it all.

Lysander growled loudly and in one swift, unnatural movement, she reversed their positions. She pulled the both of them off of the floor and now stood behind Matteo; wrapping her forearm around his throat, pulling tight.

"I want you to know this, dear Olive, if you're even still with us," Lysander breathed out heavily, "Everything that is happening here is because of you, his death and your father's is because you chose them."

Matteo shook his head rapidly, "That's not true and you know it, Olive. She's deranged, don't listen to her." Lysander increased the pressure on his neck and Matteo groaned out loud as he gripped her forearm, trying to pry her hands away.

His face was turning red now.

I felt a tear rolling down my cheek as I wrapped my hands around the scythe once more but this time I didn't stop. I ripped the wooden staff from my chest, muscles and tissues ripping and igniting my body in a burning fire of pain but none of it mattered.