Chapter 51: Mentality

Previously...

I feel arms circle around me, and I turn around to see Crystal trying to comfort me. But it didn't have the same calming affect as a mates.

"He's my mate mum! He's no longer a rogue anymore!" I scream back at her, before turning around to leave. However, I didn't get very far, as she pulls my arm back keeping me from chasing after Kyle and Ashen.

"Your mate?!" She sneers before continuing, "That boy is a rogue whose wanted by the Council of Wolves. I don't know how he tricked you, but he's wanted for the murder of his parents, who were the Alpha and Luna of the Crescent Moon pack!"
______________________________________

Kyle comes running back in, as I stand there in shock. Crystal's arms go loose around me and fall by her side. "I couldn't catch him, he just disappeared. But I know he hasn't gone over the pack boundary yet." Kyle reports back. Mum let's out a loud sigh before sitting down in one of the dining chairs. She indicates to the seats next to her and we all take a seat.

"I should tell you the whole story, so you guys understand what's going on." She says, slouching in her chair, refusing to make eye contact with us. "I better begin with what my real job is. I work for the Council as a bounty tracker... I track dangerous rogues for the Council and I either have to kill them or bring them back alive to the Council. Several years ago, I got a case about a young boy who killed his parents and went rogue. He joined up with the one of the rogue groups, which we are having a hard time tracking because they move around a lot.  His full name is Asheton Nico Everston, and he was the son of the Alpha Harris and Luna Kaitlyn. He's been missing for over 10 years and his case is still under my charge and I am required to eliminate him."

No... No she can't be telling the truth. She said the boys name is Asheton, not Ashen... But she got his last name right... How could she know his name when I never told her his name... I try to contact Ashen again through mind-link, but he still had it cut off.

"Bu-but the council has seen him before... You have the wrong person. Wouldn't of the council have recognized him." I ask, trying to defend Ashen.

"No... The council only know him by his full name as a runaway, but the trackers that are on the case, know him by scent. That's why the Council didn't realise who him was. There is no possible way that he isn't Asheton Everston." She says before getting up and walking back to the kitchen to clean up the destroyed shepherds pie.

I do the only thing I can think of. I find the closest bathroom and cry my eyes out. Even though I didn't eat anything, I couldn't stop vomiting and gagging. I could hear Crystal and Kyle knocking on the door, pleading me to come out. But I didn't take any notice, I tune them out and just curl up into a ball on the bathroom floor and went to sleep.

***

The next few days, I didn't speak to anyone, I barely ate anything and I locked myself in my room, refusing to come out and see anyone. Mum placed a guard by my door, just in case i wanted to go searching for Ashen, or if Ashen wanted to visit me. But I know he's not that stupid. Several people came to visit me, but my mother turned them all away, saying I wouldn't come out of my room. Kyle even held the final matches, hoping I would come out of my room to fight. However, since neither Ashen or I turned up, we were disqualified.

Eventually, I heard through the door from Katie that Ryder and herself ended up winning and are now the Betas. I would've congratulated them, however, I couldn't feel anything inside. In Celestial's words I was basically a living zombie.

Even she eventually stopped talking when I wouldn't respond, and sometimes, I couldn't even feel her presence. All I could do was mentally try to connect to Ashen through the bond. It was as though I was using up all my energy to stand in my mind and continuously knock at the locked door to our connection. I couldn't hear anything from outside my little realm anymore, all I could hear were my doubts and thoughts rebounding around in my head. I was mentally stuck in my own mind.

Suddenly, a white wolf appears next to me. She looks at me with a similar hurt look in her eyes. I stop pushing the locked bond and walk over to look at her. I sense the same pain radiating from her, causing an overwhelming emotion to hit me. For the first time since I found out, I felt something other than pain and depression, I felt love.

Filled with overflowing emotion, I embrace the white wolf and fall to my knees, as my remaining mental energy dissapears. Days of being stuck in my depressed mind, really drained me. Just as I'm about to surrender to my own inner darkness, I sense a comforting warmth radiating from the pure fur I was holding on to.

"Avery... It's going to be alright," An unknown voice reverberates within my mind. I feel the vibrations of the voice coming from the white wolf I am currently embracing. I lift my head to look into the wolf's eyes and it's as if they are drawing my into them, away from my dark mind.

I close my eyes and allow the wolf to take me away. Through my eyelids I can see a bright light, for the first time in a while. I open them to be welcomed with an astounding view of a crystal blue lake, surrounded by a bright green forest. The white wolf was standing by it, indicating to me to come over. As I make my way over to her, movement coming from the forest catches my attention.

A familiar large black wolf emerged from the forest and takes his place by the white wolf... I could never forget that wolf in a million years.

Skull...

______________________________________

Hey guys!! Didn't want to leave you too long on the cliffhanger from the last chapter, so I decided to get another chapter done for you guys. However, I'm sorry I had to leave you with another cliffhanger. I'll try to get another chapter out soon, but I'm swamped with work the next couple of days, that's why I decided to try to get another chapter done now for you.

Anyway, I love you all!! And hope you are enjoying the new year so far.
~Willow