Chapter 1

Katie's POV

        Why me? Why him? Why in the heavens do I have to have a crush on my brother's best friend James? He's vain and arrogant but yet I have seen his soft side, which is what attracted me to him. He knows everything about me and he knows just what to say to me when I'm upset. The only one who knows about my crush is Logan of course. He's the smart one. 

        Anyways it's a sunny summer morning when I go to the kitchen for breakfast to see James shirtless as usual. Did I mention his washboard abs is hot? Well they are!

        "Morning Katie-kat. Did you sleep well?" He asks me while giving me a hug and I can't help but smile at his nickname for me. 

        "Morning Jamie and yes I did besides me hearing you next door snoring!" I tease him about his snoring that is not as loud as I make it seem. I've heard him snore for the past 18 years. 

        "I do not snore that loud Katie!" He gets dangerously close to me and I can't help but think he's going to kiss me. 

        "Hehe well then. I'm sorry Jamie," I look at him with my puppy dog eyes and he sighs. 

        "I can't resist you Katie. In more ways than you think." What does he mean by that? He can't mean that he likes me right? 

     "WHAT IS GOING ON IN HERE?" I turn around to see Kendall looking at us with anger in his eyes. Oh boy. 

     "Nothing big brother. Just us talking about Jamie's snoring," I snicker and James gets worked up again. 

        "I don't snore that loud Katie!" I laugh as I walk away and Kendall looks at us while shaking his head. 

James' POV

        God how can a girl be that attractive so early in the morning? Yeah I'm talking about Katie. She makes it so hard to not go up to her and kiss her. I've been in love with Katie since she was 14 and I was 17. I can't help but love her. She is one of the few girls who have seen the real me and I know I can be myself around her and I just wish I could tell her how much I love her. Logan is the only one that knows and he doesn't seem to hate it so maybe he can help me out. So after my little chat with Katie I went to Logan's room. 

        "Logan? I need some help!" I tell him through the door and he opens the door and lets me in.

        "Let me guess: it's about Katie?" All I can do is nod my head.

        "What do I do Logan? I just want to kiss her but I know Kendall would murder me!" I freak out and he tries to calm me down. 

        "Calm down dude. If you keep on shouting he's going to hear you for sure and so will Katie. And I know that's not how you plan on telling her. So just take deep breaths before you blow a gasket," he tells me and I calm down just at the thought of Katie and her beautifulness. 

        "So how do I tell her? Do I ask her out or write her a note?" I ask him once I calmed down a bit. 

        "A note? What are you- in the sixth grade? No not a note. Just go talk to her privately and just follow your heart," I nod my head and thank him before leaving his room to go to Katie's. 

        "Who is it?" She asks as I knock on her door. 

        "It's just me Katie. Can I talk to you?" I ask her through her door before she opens the door with a smile.

        "Sure James what's up?" She asks me while sitting on her bed and I join her there. 

Katie's POV

        "Sure James what's up?" I ask him as we sit on my bed.

        "Well there's something I've been wanting to tell you for the past four years but I've been afraid to tell you," he tells me a bit nervous; does he mean what I think he means?

        "Go on James. It's me you're talking to. You can tell me anything. There's nothing you can say to me that you should be afraid of," I tell him soothingly hoping what he's going to say is that he likes me. 

        "Okay Katie bear. Since I was 17 I've been madly in love with you. You are seriously the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my entire life even when you first wake up in the morning. I've known you since you were a baby and there's no one who knows me better than you do. There's no one else in the world that I'd rather be with than you," he tells me and a few tears are running down my face. 

        "I love you too James! For the past 18 years I've always loved you. Way more than just brotherly love," I tell him as we lean in closer than his lips touch mine and we kiss for what feels like forever before we hear someone yell at us. 

        "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN HERE?"