Chapter 48 - Invasion

****Important Note****

For those who haven't read the twilight series ,kindly read the few points mentioned at the end of the chapter which would help you understand the story better:)

And as for those who have read the series before...you can skip the explanation;)

______________________________

"The boys are getting on my nerves!" Jacob exclaimed as he entered the barn house near the La Push forest. The floorboard beneath his foot creaked as he took wide steps to lounge himself on the tiny sofa shoved to the corner.

Renesmee and I didn't avert our eyes from the chessboard.

"I swear one of these days, I'm gonna kick them from the pack for playing such lame pranks on me!" Jacob continued .

I ignored him while Renesmee shushed him .Ever since stepping foot in their house, I had learned not to be perturbed with Jacob's whining and tantrums .

The pack had grown to a large number and often we teased that he was too old to maintain order among them especially after the twins-Kaison and Brixton who were none other than his nephews , joined the pack.

Though they weren't the youngest in the pack, one could easily get it wrong judging by their behavior .They simply didn't obey orders and Jacob hated using his superior authority on them .

Ethan-Sam's oldest son was the most surprising of all.  He was a split image of Sam during his late teenage ,yet he inherited none of his father's qualities.

He acted like a gang leader and was involved in drug dealings and deadly underground fights until Jacob threatened to throw him out of the pack and put a stop to his illicit activities .Though the warning hadn't made Ethan break a sweat, he did give an ear to Jacob after about five to six years of getting in trouble .

And recently, over the past few days, Jacob was constantly complaining about the attacks on the wild animals which were found dead with several brutal slashes and cuts all over it's body .

At first , our first instinct was that a vampire was in town but as there was no trail or scent of any of them, and also since the humans never bothered backpacking to the deepest of the forest, Jacob guessed his nephews might have something to do with the issue as this might not be the first time they did something absolutely mundane and reckless.

Another half an hour into the game of chess and it turned out to be a tie .Sighing I got off to my feet and stretched myself deciding to call Renzo while Renesmee tried to tranquilize Jacob's mood .

Renzo received my call after several rings .

"Hey." He sounded stressed and weary.

"Busy?"

"A little ..." He sighed before explaining. "The new project we had been working on... is delayed . I wasn't notified of the recent security breach either .I just realized I had employed a bunch of morons !"

"Oh no...What if something was stolen ?"

"Nothing as of now and that's what I'm working on currently .Not to mention I have a eight billion Euros product that has to be primed by this weekend ."