Chapter Six

Rhysand

Rhys spent the night at the Autumn Court, Mor and Amren going back to Velaris, not able to spend a night in Eris's domain. Azriel, Cassian and Feyre stayed with Rhys, as he waited for Rhea's decision.

Then the screaming had started.

It had been horrific, filled with pain and suffering and something had been blocking the door, most likely shadows, even when Azriel had slammed the shadows into it, it hadn't budged. The sound of glass breaking and then Rhea had disappeared.

"This happens. When it does, it's best to leave her alone."

The moment when Eris had gone flying into the wall with two shattered legs when he had dared to say those words.

He left her alone? Whenever Rhea had been consumed by the nightmares from her past? When the darkness had enveloped her until she screamed? When she had woken up screaming from nightmares? The darkness that would forever haunt her?

Eris had fled, not daring to stand up to any one of them.

Azriel and Cassian had tracked Rhea to the Autumn forest while Feyre stayed with Rhys, an arm around him, silently comforting him. Rhea had nightmares just like him, consumed by Amarantha's dark deeds that had been inflicted upon her.

He could have done something. He could have tried to help Rhea escape Under the Mountain, send her to Velaris for Azriel, Cassian, Mor and Amren to raise her. Not scarred physically and mentally for the rest of her immortal life.

The very thought made him slam his fist into the wall, roaring.

Rhea had gone to the forest to be left alone with her own pain, thinking no one would want to comfort her. Eris had known her for five years and never had comforted her, so she must have come to the assumption, no one would want to.

Where had Eris fled to?

If he asked Azriel, he was sure he would find Eris for him and kill him.

As time went on, Rhea didn't return, and Rhys became more anxious, wanting nothing more than to fly into the forest and retrieve her but he knew Rhea wanted her own space.

So, he gave her space.

Reluctantly.

When all he wanted to go was fly into the forest, find her, and reassure her that she would never be alone in her torment again.

**********

Okay I know that chapter was very short but I needed to make another Rhys point of view to keep it even-ish. The next chapter will be Rhea and a "certain High Lord *wink wink*".

And it will be even longer, I'm starting it right now.