Chapter 15

Hey, guys, I hope you enjoy this chapter! I know I just said that I would mainly be updating on the weekends (I literally just posted it yesterday on my message board so don't feel bad if you didn't know) but I felt like you waited long enough. Also, I promised this chapter to Jay_anime_Wolf. Sorry for the wait, I really wanted this chapter to be good. I also wanted to incorporate some how what you all were saying in the comments. If you noticed something you suggested, comment on it so I can thank you!

--Yuki :D

Xxxxxxxxxxx

"Captain Rogers," Pepper started when she walked in the Avengers' common room. She stopped when the super soldier lifted up a hand.

"Ma'am... I don't wanna know..."

"Ah," She nodded, brushing a strand of strawberry blonde hair behind her ear. "So, you've seen the video."

"It's all over the news," Steve waved a hand helplessly over to the TV and JARVIS turned it on. There was a grainy video playing of the Hulk walking down a street with two people on his shoulders. As the camera zoomed in, you could barely make out that the two people were Tony Stark and a small child who was smiling widely like he was having the time of his life. The shot was shaky, like the person holding the camera was scared or they were vibrating with glee.

Pepper's eyes widened for a moment before she sighed, "This is worse than I thought. Call Tony, get him down here. JARVIS, I want you to make sure none of the news outlets get Percy's name."

"It is already done, Ms. Potts," The A.I. answered calmly.

"Thank you," The woman left, her heels sounding on the ground as she left, and she furiously typed on her StarkPad.

Steve brought out his phone (he was getting better at using them!) and called Tony. It took a little but the billionaire finally answered, "Tony, you have to come back to the tower."

"Aw, come on, Cap! We  haven't gotten to the store yet!"  He whined and Steve could vaguely hear the man kick his feet out while pouting.

"You are not going to the store with Hulk! Come back to the tower before you guys get hurt!"

"We won't get hurt! James is here!"

"James..." Steve looked back at the TV in time to see Hulk turn around, revealing the Winter Soldier clinging to his back like a koala. He was pretty sure he let out a whimper as he whispered, "Bucky, why?" He rubbed his forehead tiredly, "Just... Get back to the tower- all of you. It's almost time for lunch anyways. I don't even want to know what you did to Bruce to get him to Hulk Out..."

"I didn't do anything," Tony immediately denied. "It was all Percy."

Steve could actually hear the six year-old mumbling to himself "traitor" like Tony would to his bots. "Just get back here before I call Pepper."

"Shi- We're on our way! Hulk, let's go back to the tower. It's time for lunch, Big Guy!"

--

30 MINUTES AGO - June 29th

Bruce was working on a project in the lab on his floor when Percy came in, a large smile on his face. He lifted up his goggles and had JARVIS save his work before he turned to the child, "Hi, Percy. What can I help you with?"

The six year-old blushed at the attention, lightly kicking his tiny shoes out, "I just wanted to know if Mr. Hulk wanted to play with me..." His eyes widened, "But if Mr. Hulk doesn' want to, I guess tha's okay..."

The scientist was quiet for a moment before he felt Hulk rumble lowly, "Oh, no..."

--

NOW - June 29th

"What were you thinking?" Steve demanded when Tony and Percy walked in, followed by Hulk and James. "What if someone saw you guys?"

"Chill, Cap," Tony said, waving his hand, the other holding Percy's hand. "We had everything under control."

The super soldier was going to add more but he stopped when he noticed that the six year-old was holding James' hand too, a large smile plastered on his face while his best friend had a tiny one. He sighed heavily and rubbed a hand across his face, "Did you all at least have fun?"

"Yes!" Percy exclaimed and he let go of Tony and James' hands to scamper over to Hulk, "Mr. Hulk is the bestest ever! He let me ride his shoulders and I could see the whole world! Mr. Hulk is awesome!"

Tony grinned fondly, "And what do you say to him?"

"Thank you, Mr. Hulk!" The kid beamed and hugged one of the green giant's leg, "You're my bestest friend!"

Hulk gave a large grin and patted the kid lightly on the head, "Pike is Hulk's best friend too."

Clint leaned over to Natasha after he walked in and whispered, "Uh, did he mean Percy?"

The agent gave a small smile, "A pike is a type of fish."

"Ohhhhh... That's smart," Clint nodded. "This scene is really cute. I hope JARVIS recorded it so Bruce can see it later."

"Indeed I have, Agent Barton," The A.I. spoke up. "It is ready for Dr. Banner to view when he returns."

Clint looked up in awe, "You're awesome, JARVIS."

"I aim to please."

"FRIENDS!" Thor walked in, a large grin on his face, "I have returned in time for our feast! Friend Hulk, will you be joining us?"

Hulk didn't answer for a moment and, instead, looked down at Percy, who was looking up at him with large green eyes and quivering lips, "Hulk stay."

"Yay!" Percy squealed happily, jumping up to reach for Hulk's pinky and tugging him to the dining room.

James watched as the six-year old kicked away any of the unneeded dining chairs to make room for Hulk, the child scampering around to gather pillows and pile them in one spot so that Hulk was comfortable while he ate, "He's a good kid."

Tony looked at the soldier with a proud grin, his whiskey-colored eyes twinkling with happiness as he nudged the man's shoulder, "I know. Come on, let's go sit down before Percy has an aneurysm. What do you think we're having for dinner?"

"I hope it's spaghetti and meat balls," James said quietly, not used to speaking his mind quite yet.

"If it's not, we can get some together tomorrow," The billionaire decided. "If you want."

The soldier smiled, "I'd like that."

"Mr. Tony, Jim Jam! Come onnnnn!"

"Coming, Percy!" Tony called before winking at James and going over to the six year-old, who had somehow managed to aquire over twenty throw pillows and some big ones from the bedrooms in the span of two minutes.

Xxxxxxxxxx

Next update: Sunday (03/04/2018)

Please remind me when the time comes closer, I actually want to try to follow the schedule I set so that you don't have to wait so long again. Again, I'm sorry for the long wait.

--Yuki :3