26

Angie lingered in the hallway, it was silent yet people still talked and moved. She couldn't hear them. Her mind was too preoccupied, she wanted to scream but she had nobody to scream to, nobody who would listen.

She felt angry, she'd always felt angry but never like this. This was a different kind of rage, it was sad and bitter and left a horrible taste in her mouth. People bustled past her, blissfully unaware but she was drowning in her own mind. Her dark eyes were glossed over, she stared ahead blankly, nobody could see the storm raging behind them.

She felt angry because it was so unfair. She simply couldn't bear to loose another friend, she couldn't. Yet, the harsh truth stared at her in the face, Dalia wasn't at her locker, she wasn't at school. Angie had no idea where she was, she hadn't seen her for almost two days, neither had her parents apparently. Everyone was in a panic yet all Angie could attempt at feeling was anger. It came in waves, vicious and violent and she wondered if such a response was normal. Why was she always so angry?

Her name being called snapped her back into reality, she looked up expecting to see Luka with the concerned, caring look she had adopted since Sebastian died. But she did not see that, instead Karma stood opposite of her, clearing his throat awkwardly.

"You okay?"

She noddy slowly, looking down the halls. They were empty, not a single person in sight except for the one standing on front of her.

"Where's Luka?" Her voice didn't sound like it belonged to her, it came out breathy and almost panicked, but she didn't really feel like that, or so she thought.

"In class," he cocked his head to a side, as if he were finally realizing just how out of it she was. "Just like everyone else," he added, to reinforce that fact that he knew just how disoriented she was at that moment. She frowned, looking down the empty hallway.

"Sorry." She moved to get past him but what he said next stopped her in her tracks.

"She'll be okay, she'll come back." Angie wondered if that was the only nice thing she had heard Karma say to date, but weirdly enough it was the worst thing he could of said.

"That's what I believed about Sebastian."

His response went dry after that.

-/

Angie zoned out today, it was the final day of their English speeches, most of them had been surprisingly interesting, well the ones who took it seriously and didn't speak about the dictatorship of cats for ten minutes. She thought it was insightful to the people in her class, whom she never really knew, she realized.

Sighing, she rested her head against the cool wooden desk just as a little paper ball hit the side of her head. She looked up, as Luka stared at her in worry, she smiled back but her eyes held the uneasy look she couldn't shake no matter how hard she tried. She was blocking people out today, or else she would explode.

The teacher stood at the front of the room and called Karma up. She hadn't realized that he was yet to give his and she became mildly curious, because Karma was such a enigmatic person, he knew almost everything about them it seemed, but managed to not give away anything about himself. She thought he'd do the same here, divert attention. She knew he could speak, and make people so transfixed that they didn't actually comprehend his points but surprisingly he addressed the class genuinely.

"I'm not doing this for myself, I'm doing this because I promised a friend I would and I don't break my promises so take from it what you would like. I know some of you are curious as to why I moved to this school because I don't really like talking to any of you, you all annoy me to be completely honest."