Chapter 6

Jade woke up to the smell of waffles wafting into her room,at least she thought it was her room until she opened her eyes to see that Tori was still cuddled up in her arms.She didn't know whether to shove the brunette off the bed or let her sleep since she looked so peaceful and angelic.Jade buried her head in the crook of Tori's neck and whispered near her ear,"Get up."Tori groaned and pulled the covers over her head to shield her eyes from the blinding sun outside. Jade nuzzled her neck and Tori smiled,enjoying the feel of Jade's nose lightly brushing her skin. She would have stayed in bed longer if not for the scent of breakfast that tickled her senses, waking her system up.

Tori woke up to see her favourite teal-coloured eyes staring down at her.She took in how Jade still managed to look extremely hot even after just waking up.She brushed the thought away and said,"Good morning."Jade stared at the clock on the wall and smiled."We have a half hour to get ready for school."Tori almost jumped at this but calmly got out of bed with Jade in tow to have breakfast.There were two plates of bacon and waffles laid out neatly and they dug in before gulping down glasses of orange juice and saying goodbye to Tori's mother.

They got out of the house and zoomed away to school in Tori's car."How did you sleep?,"Tori asked and Jade looked out of the window."It was good."Wanting to see the latina blush,Jade smirked at her with extra snark and said,"Someone was really comfortable cuddled up with me." Her mission had succeeded because Tori had gone redder than the blush she haphazardly applied in the morning."You cuddled me last night,Jade.Remember that?,"and Jade went quiet, sipping at her coffee instead.Proud of her quick comeback,Tori smiled ahead and focused on the road in front of her.They had just reached the school when Jade noticed Beck waiting impatiently in the parking lot.

"Where the fuck have you been?,"he screamed,pulling Jade forward by the wrist.Tori was watching the yelling from her side of the car and just decided not to interfere when Beck's hand came flying down on Jade.Tori couldn't hold back but didn't want to get involved for fear of getting herself hurt.Instead,she got out of the car and stood close to the scene,out of Beck's line of sight.In shock and fear at the painful lashes raining down on her by her supposedly 'loving' boyfriend of two years,the only thing mind could process at that moment was Tori.

With every painful slap and kick,all she thought of was Tori's chocolate brown eyes peering into her ocean blue ones,telling her it was all going to be okay.She longed for her friend's calming strawberry scent and arms so she yelled."Tori!,"Beck stopped hitting her and crouched down next to Jade."What the fuck did you just say?"Again,she screamed Tori's name.Agitated by the yelling,Beck threw a punch and spat in her face,"Fucking dyke!"Tori had heard Jade yell her name the first time but thought she heard wrong.The second Jade screamed her name again, Tori took off running through the parking lot until she came across the scene of Beck gruesomely hurting Jade.

She threw herself in front of Beck's oncoming hand and screamed,"Don't touch her!Don't you fucking touch her!"His hand stopped just in time and he glared Tori down.With one last look at Jade,he grabbed his backpack and stomped away.Tori stared at Jade lying helpless on the gravel and fell down next to her,grabbing her in a tight embrace.At the sight of a new car pulling in,Tori helped Jade up off the ground and into a bathroom.She latched the door behind her and made Jade sit on the counter.

Jade sat emotionless with tears streaming down her face.She couldn't feel anything anymore as numbness overtook her frail figure.Tori looked up at Jade and wiped the newly formed tear that was about to roll off her face when Jade wrapped her arms around Tori.Taken by surprise,Tori just hugged Jade back and pulled her closer."Thanks for stopping him."Tori shushed Jade,who had buried her face in Tori's lovely strawberry scent and soft hair.Tori didn't mind if Jade would have slapped her after what she did so she lifted Jade's face off her shoulder and kissed her forehead. Jade would usually have shoved Tori away but the little forehead peck helped return some of the feeling back into Jade.