Chapter 17

It was 7 am and Jade woke up to the blaring of the alarm clock right in her ear.She had gotten four hours of sleep and wasn't ready to go to school just yet.Picking up her phone,she texted Andre,"I'm not coming to school.See you at 9."After hitting send,she fell back down onto her pillow and fell asleep.Tori was unable to sleep the whole night.She had a nightmare and woke up screaming,until her neighbour came over to see if everything was alright.So she'd not only had a sleepless night,but a busted front door as well.The nightmares came more frequently now that Jade wasn't with her anymore.There was something about Jade's protective arms and vanilla scent that calmed her down.Unable to fall back asleep,she decided to check out her outfit and kill some time before school.

At 7 am,she made herself some breakfast and waited for Andre to come.When her doorbell rang, she practically sprinted down the driveway and into Andre's car."Why so fast today?,"asked Andre with a yawn.Tori took in his eyes with dark rings circling them and his three cups of coffee. "Why so tired today?"Thankfully,he had thought about this and answered with,"Got inspiration at 9 and I stayed up til 3 working on it."It was the truth,with some adjustments.She nodded and checked her makeup in the mirror."Sing it for me."He froze but fortunately,it didn't show on his face."It's a surprise.I'm singing it tonight."She pouted and he just chuckled.They listened to the radio all the way to school.When they reached the school,Andre told Tori to go in first,after which he pulled his phone out and called Jade.Her sleepy voice on the other end of the line murmured into the phone,"Hello?"

"Get up,get ready and I'll come pick you up.We have to set up for the Full Moon Jam."Jade gazed at her alarm clock and groaned into the phone at the angry red numbers."It's 8.30,Andre.Let me sleep."Andre cleared his throat and said,"And I thought you really wanted to win Tori Vega back. SHOW ME SOME STRENGTH WOMAN!,"he yelled into the phone,causing Jade to roll off her bed. Sighing,she picked the phone up again."Fine.This bed isn't comfy anyway.Tori's not here,"and with that,she hung up on him and dragged her feet to the bathroom.Filled with excitement,he drove out of school as fast as possible and reached Jade's house to see her standing at the doorway all smiley and with a cup of coffee in her clutches,one of her compulsory accessories. "Someone's a ball of sunshine today."

"Shinier than the sun.Drive,Harris,"said Jade,sarcasm lacing her voice.When they reached the school,Jade threw her cup of coffee down and went straight to the makeshift stage they were working on in the cafeteria.She gathered the nerds working on tech at the scene."I want everything to be perfect tonight,"she said after relating her 'Get Vega Back' plan.They looked at her,clearly intimidated and horrified when she screeched,"OR ELSE!"The group jumped and sprinted to work.As Jade stood smirking at the scared expressions on their faces and their shaky hands,Andre walked up behind her."Can you not make the nerds pee themselves for once, Jade?"She flashed him an evil grin and strode into school,an extra spring in her step.She walked into Sikowitz's class and sat herself down on a chair nearby Tori who was staring at the goth as soon as she stepped foot into the class.

She sighed and continued to stare until Jade turned her head and there was a collision of brown and blue once more as the girls locked eyes.Almost instantly,Tori broke the contact and looked back at Sikowitz's who was saying something about the Full Moon Jam.Jade was visibly disappointed that Tori had broken their eye contact and sighed,shoulders drooping.What she would give to stare into those chocolate brown eyes without cease.She didn't listen to whatever Sikowitz had to say throughout the duration of class but stared at Tori,hoping against hope that she would turn her head once,just once.But Tori had her eyes fixed on Sikowitz almost the whole class.She had to look down at her lap to prevent her tears from smudging the makeup she had on.She didn't dare to look back at the gorgeous raven-haired girl but could feel her piercing blue eyes staring at Tori,almost begging her to look behind.