Chapter Four - Raven Soul

Blair's pov:

John drove strait for a bit then turned left down a street. There were few houses, then no houses. We drove for a good five minutes before another house came into view.

John pulled into it's drive way and went into the house. I followed him, wondering what he had up his sleeve.

John went up stairs and I waited in the living room. He came back down with a boy.

"Blair this is my son, River. River, this is Alba's granddaughter." John said.

River looked to be in his early twenties. He had curly brown hair and sea green eyes. He was about 5'9 and surprisingly muscular. I personaly was short with long chocolate hair. My brown eyes matched my hair and freckels, that were all over my face. I guess I could look pretty to someone someday.

"Oh the newbie." River said smiling.

"She doesn't believe anything we tell her is true." John said.

The smile that was on River's face disappeared.

"Blair wants proof that the things we tell her are real." John said.

"Easier said than done, John." River said.

"Hey you will call me dad, understand?" John said.

"So Blair wanna go outside for a walk?" River asked.

"Sure." I said.

I followed him outside and we sat down near a pond in his yard.

"Thanks." River said.

"It's fine. Why did he get so upset, if you don't mind me asking?" I said.

"It's fine. I recently discovered I was adopted and he won't tell me about my parents. So I looked into things and found a box in his closet. It had newspapers that said I was kidnapped at around five and there was a reward if anyone found me." River said.

"I never wondered why I couldn't leave the house, I though it was normal. Now that make sense. But why John kidnapped me I didn't understand. I still don't. I do have powers Blair. You'll get your's on your eighteenth birthday at midnight. My parents knew about this magic, yet John took me." River said.

"River I'm so sorry, I don't understand ether. This magic crap has gone to your head, he's doing something to you. Alba's trying to do the same with me. Let's get out of here. I can help you look for your birth parents, and I can go home." I said.

"That means a lot, but you don't understand. Your birthdays coming fast and -"

"River he's brainwashing you. Listen to me. We can leave, now. John's keys are still in the car. River don't you want your real family? You might even have siblings. A little sister you never got to meet? An older brother who misses you." I said.

This hit River. He now had a pained expression across his face.

"Your right. I don't know what's gotten into me. We should go, but first." He said standing up.

He bent down and out his hands on the ground and pushed his fingers into the hard ground.

"River what are you doing?" I asked.

"Just watch." River said.

At first nothing was happening. River remained motionless. The only sound was the wind blowing dead leaves and wind chimes, along with the crickets. Then all of the sudden River thrust his hand deeper into the ground and a small tremor shook from underneath me.

Suddenly the ground in front of me grew new grass and bright flowers. In a matter of minutes the whole yard was covered and the temperature warmed up a few degrees. The sun came out and the clouds shifted away. It was like summer, in October.