Chapter 11 - Raven Soul

Blair's pov:

The next week of school was good. River, Katrina, X, and Daniel became great friends of mine. Kade tried to talk to me but X, River and Daniel always seemed to be there to stop him. While Katrina just stared dreamily at him.

Classes were boring and teachers were mean. The usual.

Then two things happened today.

The first happened this morning before school. Katrina and Daniel were taking there own cars to school because they had sports or drama after school.  So I rode with River and X today.

"Something's off." X said suddenly.

"What?" I asked her.

"I'm not sure, but something feels off." X said.

I didn't feel like anything was off, but River frowned and seemed to understand what she meant. He quickly covered his reaction by saying, "Maybe you left your homework at home again."

"Oh, dang I did!" She said.

But did you really?

"What class?" I asked.

"Bio." She sighed.

"I have the sheet if you want to copy." I said.

"Yea, can I see it?" She asked.

"Oh, right sorry. River you do it for her." I said handing him the paper.

He quickly scribbled down on a blank sheet of paper after we turned into the parking lot.

Just as we got out of the car Katrina and Daniel came walking over.

"Hey." Daniel said.

"Hi." I said.

"What's X up to?" He asked.

"Biology homework." I said.

He winced.

"Biologies no fun." Daniel said.

I shrugged.

Then Daniel and River began to take about sports. X finished her homework and I talked to Katrina before the bell rang.

"That party last night was killer Blair, you missed out big time." Katrina said.

"Katrina, I don't party." I said.

"Somewhere deep down I know your a party girl. And we will find her and unleash her!" Katrina said confidently.

"Kat, we don't even have a party to go to! I don't own a dress and Alba would never let me." I said.

"I can lend you a dress, I'll convince her and I can find us a party to go to." She said.

"Or you could just come to mine." A voice behind me said.

I turned just as Katrina did.

There in all his stupid glory was, of course the last person I wanted to see.

Kade.

"I have plans for that night, sorry." I said.

"I haven't even told you the date yet Blair! Besides it will be fun, your all invited. It's at The Cave, this Saturday. Starts at ten." Kade said.

By now River and Daniel were behind us, listening.

"That's nice of you to offer but-"

"Of course we'll go." Katrina cut me off.

I looked over at her and gave her a face that said, really.

Kade smiled.

"I look forward to seeing you all there." He said.