8

"Do you always take that around with you?" Noe asks a couple of feet behind her. He was barely keeping up with the rest of the group, he was panting and sweating as a result of his lack of physical activity for the past few months he's been home. "I see you bring it around, often."

Taylor keeps her eyes on the viewfinder, the subject on her monitor in focus. Blonde hair was whipping around, head thrown back in sheer delight. Her shutter speed was fast enough to capture the twinkle in her deep-blue eyes and the set of dimples that complimented them. Click. Click. Click. "There's your answer," the brunette replies distractedly.

Romee examines the rising slope just a few feet ahead of her, hands on her hips determinedly. She eyes Laurens adjacent to her who looks just as concentrated before reaching out to push him and cause him to fall on his ass. "Hey!" Laurens exclaims. The blonde giggles away, her long legs carrying her through the mass of green.

Taylor doesn't know what Romee does next, her view from her finder is obstructed when a very cropped Noe comes into view. "Yes?" She doesn't mean to sound annoyed but she does anyway. Confused and even looking a little hurt, Noe mumbles a never mind and continues trekking towards his younger brother who just about stood up from his position.

"Damn Tay," Jas says from behind her, an eyebrow raised up. "You alright?"

"I am," She replies and jogs up towards Noe. She didn't mean to upset him, now that her mind was off a certain blue eyed beauty she now realizes how much she's been an ass to the older guy. He'd been trying to make conversation throughout the entire thirty minutes and she'd answer as short and as slow as she could. Her mind was clearly elsewhere.

"Hey," Taylor makes a move to tap his shoulders but he'd already turn around to face her. "Sorry about that, I didn't mean to use that tone with you."

Noe gives her a long hard look, it makes her nervous and even a bit uncomfortable. What was he thinking? Did he see through her? Did he put the pieces together and figure out the reason she'd been so distracted the past couple of days they've hung out? Instead, the corners of his mouth curled up into a smile. "It's okay," A strong lean arm wraps around her shoulder and pulls her closer into him. "I know high school can be tough, hated every single bit of it."

"Really? You hated chicks running around after you wherever you went?" Laurens asks incredulously as they reached the top a few moments after. His brother gives him a look and he smirks devilishly before walking away.

It took them a good ten minutes to finally reach the cabin. She was told Romee's late father owned it but as a gift before he went away, he gave it to her. "Damn." Oliver let out in awe. It was a mountain modern cabin, tons of glass windows which Taylor was sure would be a very nice view to wake up to every morning. She wouldn't mind dropping out of school right now to live in the wilderness.

"Verwelkomen," Romee says in a extremely sultry Dutch accent. Upon seeing the look of confusion on Oliver's face, she rephrases. "Welcome."

The guys were quick to head upstairs after the blonde announced they can pick any room they want except for hers of course. Taylor presumed Lauren's was heading over to Romee's, they'd be sharing it. The thought of whatever it is they could be doing tonight flooded her mind painfully and she had to push them away fast. Instead, she turned around to the fireplace her hands reaching out to let the warmth embrace her.

"Cold?" Taylor's lips turn up into a smile, her body quickly heating up and feeling giddy.

"Not anymore." She eyes the blonde who looked to be really deep in thought.

"You okay?" Taylor asks, concern written all over her face. Romee thinks it's very sweet, cute even. The amount of times the brunette has shown worry and care for her was really touching. To have someone care for her so much, it was heartwarming. From time to time Taylor would ask her how her day was or how she is, how she felt about certain things or if she was okay with it.