12

Taylor busts her locker door open and leans into it for a while as she ponders on the things she has to put away before finals week. She liked to be organized and truth be told, her locker was looking close to a dumpster. Picking up the books she believed she wouldn't need for now, she settles them inside her bag neatly. Then, she readies her trash bag where she dumped all of the scratch papers scattered around the space.

A familiar baby blue box catches Taylor's eyes, she hasn't seen it for quite some time. She actually forgot it was there to begin with, pushed to the very back of locker and hidden by the various books and papers that made its way inside as the school year passed by. Her hand reaches for it hesitatingly and contemplates what to do with the box.

Taylor ends up discarding it in the trash bag.

As she biked back home, she couldn't help but think about her decision to do so. Though she felt she made the right decision. She's no longer been putting entries inside nor has she added more photos in the collection. All the things she's written and taken was before she's met Romee herself.

Who Taylor wrote about was far from the person Romee actually was. She was more than her perfect blonde locks, and baby blue eyes. Sure, some details she's written would fit in to a description of the blonde but these were just hazy fragments. They would never be close enough to the wonder that is Romee Carey.

Taylor has changed a lot since she's met Romee. The blonde awakened something deep inside of her. Today she was livelier, more sensible, and more confident. A breath of fresh air, that was what Romee was for the brunette. A catalyst you could say for her very much uneventful life.

The Monroe's residence comes into view, and Taylor spots a familiar man dressed in a plain white tee and ripped jeans. "Hey you!" He greets with a bright smile.

"Noe," the brunette breathes out in surprise. "I wasn't expecting you."

"I know it's such late notice, but we're heading over to Laurens. We're going to surprise him," Noe says excitedly and helps the Taylor with her bag and bike. "UCLA offered him a scholarship, they want him on his team. Can you imagine? My little brother, a bruin!"

They head inside and Taylor finds the house to be empty. She grumbles as she realizes her parents were probably at some posh party full of old posh people. She snaps out of her thoughts at mentally scolds herself for being such a bad friend. Here Noe was, boasting his little brother to her and she can't help but admire the way he speaks of his brother and his accomplishments.

"That's amazing! I'm so happy for him!"

"Me too, Romee already did the designing. Jas and Oli are on the food."

"So what are we going to offer then? Moral support?" Taylor jokes lightheartedly, the trio seemed to have the entire surprise covered. She was certain Romee already had her blood, sweat, and tears on her assignment.

Noe laughs and shrugs, "Well when you put it like that..."

Nearly an hour later, the pair found themselves entering the interminable iron white gates that led to Laurens' home. His home was quite too big for Taylor's taste. She preferred smaller ones, they were more intimate and really she just hated having to walk so far just to get to the kitchen where she could grab snacks. Noe diverted the car over to a different path Taylor hasn't even noticed before, she looks over to him questioningly. "We're parking here."

Taylor looks around and hums accordingly. Her friends' cars were parked here as well just so Laurens wouldn't figure it out all too early. They enter through the back door and she could see majority of the football star's friends and team were already making themselves at home.