12. Sincerely, Night Owl

You up? Ha. Gosh, I crack myself up. Oh, also I make jokes when I'm terrified.

It's 3am and I just woke up from a nightmare. I've never woken up out of cold sweat but my sheets are drenched, I vomited on myself.

My hands are cold and my bones ache. I should tell someone... Well, I guess I'm telling you. That someone, right?

I don't want to bother my parents. They were fighting. Dad drove away about an hour ago and the TV is so loud it's making the ground vibrate.

I cleaned the sheets, had a shower and I feel better so don't worry.

They sleep in different rooms, as you'd expect . It's weird, I can't go get food in the middle of the night as my father sleeps on the couch. He doesn't really sleep much anymore though, watches shows and drinks.

My nightmare.
I had a dream that just felt so real. I had a dream that some guy was holding me down by my throat and I couldn't move, my legs frozen and all. Just choking me. And then, my head and whole body fell down into cold darkness, it was a body of water.

Still frozen, I sunk so slowly.
I was drowning and I could feel the water entering my lungs but it was so quiet and...

I drowned.
My bones are still aching.

Sincerely,
Night Owl