20. Sincerely, the snow dancer of 2019

For my "The Boy Who Jumped" Readers lookout for a reference and explain to me HOW SHOOK U ARE!!!!

*evil laughs*

I don't know where I am right now. Well, I know I'm on top of a building but I don't know where this building is.

I caught a train last night or is it still before midnight now? I don't know, anymore. I climbed out my window and forced myself not to let go as I clung to the window sill.

Climbing down the side of my house, I could no longer hear them. Funny how I run from conflict and yet, I create it.

I could no longer hear the screams of my parents, hear the furniture breaking and glass shattering. I wonder if he threw her precious china set, he'd know that it would hurt her.

I ran for a long time, I don't know how I ran as far as I did without being able to see due to the abnormal thickness of my tears.

They said they didn't want me. They were fighting over who had custody of me and my father said, (I quote), "How about YOU look after her considering you're both sluts! Don't give me that look, we both know where she is on those late nights."

It was getting dark when I left but I still went to the train station. I don't think he truely meant it, people say dumb things when they're mad. Things they thought deep down.

I bought a ticket, I didn't
know where it went but I just got on the train — found a sit far away from anyone and curled into a ball.

Everything went to shit that day.

I actually really like being on trains. Oddly enough I enjoy watching people, I tend to wonder where they are going and why they are going.

In an effort to distract myself from my own shaking hands, I looked up and studied the man facing me. He was reading and wore an odd amount of heavy woven clothes. His nails were cut clean but his beard was scruffy and his eyes seemed tired.

He must of felt me looking at him because he looked up expectingly, one eyebrow raised. I had quickly turned away from his gaze but the man paused before handing the book he held to me.

"You look like you need it more than me."

He got off at the next stop, it was then I noticed he limped when he walked. The train doors closed and I turned the book over, the well used cover running under my thumb as I read the title, "The Gentleman of Courage" by James Oliver.

Opening the first page, I read the note someone written in strictly cursive writing, it seemed ancient.

"To Johnathan

I forgive you.
Thank you for bringing me meaning.
I pray someone gets the privilege to fall in love with you like I did. Thank you for this dance.

With Love,
the snow dancer
of 1936"

I climbed a small building near the train tracks, I don't know why. I think I kinda wanted to get closer to the stars. And I can see the entire city from here. Just waves of rolling stars, like little souls in an inky darkness.

I can see two lovers, a girl and a boy falling drunk in love with each under the influence of alcohol on top of a train. They are eating hamburgers together.

For once, I don't mind being alone. You truely get to appreciate the happiness others.

Sincerely,
the snow dancer
of 2019.