Build up

I fell asleep on Philips couch and woke up hours later groggy on the bed of an unfamiliar room. I shifted around stretching as I took in the white walls and simple decor of the room. Then the door opened and Phillip walked in.

"You're awake." He noted with a small smile. "I hope you dont mind me moving you but you looked really uncomfortable back on the couch."

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Around seven. You slept a long time."

"I was really tired." I yawned as I got up out of bed and staggered to my feet. "Its getting late. I should probably go home. Sorry for falling asleep on you like that."

"Its fine." Philip mumbled. "I enjoyed the company."

Philip helped me get my stuff together and walked me to the door.

"Feel free to drop by anytime." He said with a smile as he waved me goodbye as I walked out of the gate. I stretched and yawned as I pulled out my cellphone and checked my incoming messages. I had a few texts from Danny and a missed call from Mom but besides from that I hadnt missed much.

"Where have you been?" My mom asked as I quickly called her back.

"I was at Philips house." I answer her.

"Why didn't you answer your phone?"

"Sorry. I forgot I had it on silent." I lied. I didn't want to tell my mom that I fell asleep there for I was sure it would give her the wrong idea.

"How is he?" Mom asked, the hint of concern evident in her voice.

"He's holding up." I answered honestly and I could hear her sigh on the other end of the line. After that we talked a little longer on the walk back to the house before we eventually said our goodbyes and hung up. When I got home I was surprised to find my front door unlocked and when I walked in I found Danny inside sitting on my couch.

"How did you get inside?" I asked him somewhat shocked at his sudden appearance.

"You forget to lock the door." He said with a small grin. I mentally slapped myself in the face as I set down my bag and slumped down on the couch next to him.

"How's Philip?" He asked.

"How'd you know I was gone seeing Philip?"

"Natalie told me."

"Well Philip is fine, maybe a little lonely but still fine." I muttered as I kicked off my shoes and leaned deeper into the fabric of the couch.

"Well I'm glad you went to see him. That was really nice of you." Danny said with a smile as he leaned into my shoulder. I could feel his body heat through my arm as we sat there together for a while in complete silence.

"I have to go soon." He eventually grumbled as he pulled himself off the couch and gathered his things.

"I'll text you tomorrow I tell him as he gives me a small kiss on the forehead before running for the door. I blush and rub the spot his lips touch me as I stumble to get up and make myself some food.

Time skip:

That next morning I go to school for the first time in what feels like forever and when I get there I am surprised to find Philip standing in front of my locker while texting on his phone.

"Good morning." He says as I walk up to him and looks up from his phone to greet me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask somewhat confused.

"I go to school here." He answers.

"That not what I meant. Why are you at my locker?" I ask.

"No reason in particular." He mumbles as he glances back down at his phone. "Just hanging out I guess."

I shrug and push him aside slightly as I pull open my locker only for an array of letters to fall out onto the floor.

"what are those?" Philip asks as he puts away his phone and leans down to pick some of them up.

"Are these love letters?" He asks with a raised eyebrow as I quickly hussle to pick all of them up. As I do so I glance at the cursive writing spelling my name on the front of each envelope and I feel my stomach grow slightly sick knowing who they are from.

"Don't you have a boyfriend?" Philip asks, confused. "Why are people sending you love letters, and so many too."

"I do have a boyfriend!" I grumble as I take the remaining letters from Philips hands and shove them all into a nearby trash can. "Which is why I don't need these!"

Philip looks confused for a second and then smiles and pats me on the head.

"You really love your boyfriend, don't you?" He asks. I blush and nod as I am temporarily distracted from the sickness in my stomach. "That's good. You should always be faithful. I wish you two much happiness." He says with a smile before pulling out his phone, reading a text, and making some excuse that he has to run off. I watch him go with a smile and a wave before turning back to my locker with a sigh. I quickly take out my books and head to class as I try to forget life's problems, even if just for the day, but life's problems always has a way of bubbling to the surface and upon reaching my class I cringe at the sight of three red roses placed neatly on my desk.

"Are those from your boyfriend?" A girl in my class asks me.

"That's so sweet!" Says another. "I wish my boyfriend did that."

I smile politely and nod as I take the flowers and slowly bring them outside where I quickly rip them to shreds in anger. Why won't this guy leave me alone? After my anger dissapates, I feel big hot tears well up in my eyes as I sit on the ground and cry. Since when had my life bee such a mess. Can't I go back? Back to the time when Jessica was still here and when I thought my admirer was cute and innocent and not a complete psychopath who throws rocks through windows and sends dozens upon dozens of anonymous notes.

"Jessica.." I cry silently. "I miss you."