Chapter 18: Know Thy Enemy

Bonnie's Pov

"Are you okay?" Damon asked as we entered the pack house

"I'm fine. Now please stop asking me that" I spoke flashing him a smile.

"I just want to make sure. You looked a little on edge with Rose" he said. At the sound of her name I felt a growl in my throat.

"I'm sorry if I scared you. My emotions are kind of all over the place with the mate bond. They won't settle until we've sealed the bond" I told him as we headed upstairs.

"Sealed the bond? What does that mean?" he asked confused. I led him into the guest bedroom I had on my floor. It was usually used for my parents when they stayed over.

"As werewolves, we must claim our mates and mark them. This happens when we have sex for the first time. Though since I'm an Alpha there is a big ceremony first where I introduce you to the pack as my mate. Then we consumate, like a marriage" I said.

"Oh" he mumbled as his skin flushed red and he blushed. It was really cute.

"Are you okay? The ceremony won't happen right away " I warned not wanting to scare him away. I know he's the one that wanted to be let in my world but, it could be a little overwhelming to humans.

"I'm fine, it's just this is all a lot to take in. Just yesterday I was a college graduate working for my father as an accountant. Then I meet a beautiful woman, fall in love with her and find out she's a werewolf" Damon spoke sitting on the bed.

"I know and you can always change your mind Damon. We haven't sealed the bond yet" I said taking a seat beside him.

The last thing I wanted was to make him feel like he had no choice in this. I couldn't live with myself if he believed he was forced to be here just because we were mates.

"I'm not changing my mind Bonnie. I want to stay right here,.... with you" he breathed.

I smiled and then leaned into kiss him. My wolf was very happy when my mates lips touched ours. It easily became heated on my end as she tried to push forward but, I kept her at bay. Though I did end up straddled in Damon's lap basically attacking his face, at least until he pushed me off to the side of the bed.

It was very unexpected and confusing. I mean he almost leaped off the mattress to get away from me and it hurt. My wolf felt the slight rejection and whimpered. I just looked at him but, he refused to meet my eyes as he twitched nervously.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry if I did something wrong" I asked standing up.

"Bon you didn't do anything wrong. There are just a few things that you don't know about me" he replied.

"Okay. Like what?" I questioned.

"Like I'm a-" he started but, was cut off by a knock on the door.

"One minute" I said before walking over and opening it. Henry was standing there with an alarmed look on his face.

"Alpha I need you to come with me" he spoke.

"Henry what's going on?" I asked.

"We've captured one of the hunters. She was creeping around our borders and the patrol brought her in. We have her in the dungeons right now" Henry told me.

"Okay, I'm coming. Give me a minute" I sighed. He nodded and headed back down the hall. Turning around I looked at Damon who was staring out the window.

"I'm sorry about that, what we're you going to say" I hummed waiting for his response.

"I'll tell you later. You have alpha duties to tend to and I need to go talk to my parents because my mom has been calling non-stop" Damon muttered but, he still looked like something was bothering him.

"Are you sure?" I questioned.

"Yeah go ahead" he said.

Nodding I left the guest bedroom and started toward the old dungeons. They were rarely used anymore but, we still kept them just in case. When I was younger I was terrified of coming down here. I even had nightmares about it sometimes.

"Where is she?" I asked when I caught up to him in front of the cells.

"In here" he answered before opening one of the doors. Stepping inside I looked over to the bed and saw someone looking down so, I couldn't see their face.

"Raise you head" I demanded using my Alpha voice. They followed my directions and when I saw who it was I was shocked and had to take a slight step forward, to make sure what I was seeing was correct.

"Hello Bonnie" Rose spoke with a smirk.

💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢

💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢

It has been FOREVER since I've updated and for that I'm sorry. I've been really busy. Anyways Damon's kind of moving in with bonnie but, not yet. What do you think he was going to tell her? Also, Rose is a hunter although many of you already guessed that. What do you think is going to happen now?

VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢💢