Chapter 22: As An Alpha, I Have Responsibilities

Damon's Pov

"Are you sure about this? I mean talking to her alone" Bonnie asked as we stood outside the entrance to the dungeon where they were keeping Rose

"Yes. I'll be fine" I told her before placing a kiss on her forehead.

She still looked worried but, nodded her head to the guards. They opened the door and let me in. As I descended the stairs I was kind of nervous.

Rose was my friend, one of the first ones I ever truly had. Part of me didn't want to come in here, to see what kind of state she was in but, a bigger part needed answers and to see if she was ok.

When I came upon her cell, the first thing I noticed were the iron chains around her ankle that was hooked to the ground. Bon had told me that this was were they usually kept rogue werewolves. It took her a while to notice my presence.

 It took her a while to notice my presence

"Damon" she gasped standing up. She went to walk toward the bars but, was stopped by the chain only allowing her so far.

"Are you okay?" I asked letting the worry leak through my voice.

"I've been better. I'm locked in a cage like an animal. I'm not the monster here, she is. You know that right?" she said.

"Bonnie isn't a monster Rose. She's a caring person, who is just trying to protect her people" I spoke defending my mate.

"They aren't people. They are werewolves Damon" Rose argued.

"I know but, they are also people. If your a hunter like they said, then they have a right to protect themselves" I sighed.

"I'm not hunter anymore. I left that lifestyle and my family when I went off to college. They weren't thrilled but, I refused to venture into that. I didn't want anything to do with the supernatural. I just wanted to be normal" she mumbled.

"And now?" I questioned.

"Now I've been dragged back in because of you. My best friend decided to start dating a overgrown dog. The guy that I love is with a werewolf" Rose groaned.

"Love? Rose, I'm so sorry" I hummed sadly.

"Why? Damon I've been here the entire time, right in your face but, its like you couldn't see it or you just refused to. Like a dummy, I stayed, hoping that I would one day be enough. Guess not" she murmured quietly.

"Im sorry. I really am. I never wanted to hurt you but, there's no way we could be together. I'm Bonnie's mate" I said. She stared at me suprised and heartbroken. Soon the tears started to fall down her face.

"Please leave" she whispered turning her back toward me.

I nodded before heading back toward the entrance. As I went to open tbe door I could her her muffled sobs. It broke my heartar but, I didn't turn around and instead continued out the door.

"How did it go?" Bonnie asked when she saw me.

"Horrible. She's completely against us together and its my fault. Rose has been in love with me this entire time and I've been disregarding her feelings. If I would of just noticed it earlier we wouldn't be here but, then I probably would of never met you and that's something I don't think I could deal with. I just wish she wasn't hurt" I sighed

"Its fine Damon. None of that matters because we can't change the past, we have to deal with the present. At the moment she belongs to a family of hunters andns is a threat to my pack if she is allowed to tell them where we are. I can't allow that to happen. These people are my responsibility" Bonnie said touching my shoulder.

Wearily I looked at her, afraid at what she was suggesting. I was hoping that something in her eyes would calm my fears but, it only made them worse. The woman standing in front of me and my mate didn't offer any consolation but, the opposite.

"No" I said stepping back from her touch.

"I'm an Alpha Damon. This is my job" she told me trying to defend herself.

"I don't care. I won't allow you!" I snapped and that's when her eyes flashed green.

"No one allows me to do anything. I am the Alpha and I make the decisions. I will not be disobeyed" she spoke with so much power behind her voice it sent a shiver through my spine and caused me to look to the ground.

"You can't kill her" I whispered staring at the grass.

"I'm sorry but, its done" she stated before I heard her walking away.

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Yes its been a while. What do you guys think? Rose confessed her feelings to Damon and now he blames himself. Also Bonnie wants to kill her but, Damon wants to stop her. Should she kill her? Will Damon forgive if she does?

VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄