6. "I missed your tea"

It's been three weeks now since the incident with the shooter at the London Eye, you just got out of the hospital and your boss finally allowed you to work at the cafe again, after hours of begging and doing puppy eyes.
Sherlock and Watson kept visiting you at the hospital and while your shift at the cafe and Watson updated you about the case as good as he could since the shooter turned out to be one of the Clown guys.
Lestrade had questioned him and found traces from the blacklight color on his hands, the color you and Sherlock prepared the register with before it got robbed.
But you didn't know much more about the case because Sherlock kept close about it, Watson told you that he would always do that but it still annoyed you.
And since you took the case very personally you decided to threaten Sherlock until he told you everything he knew.

He sat on his usual table again, reading the newspapers and Watson sitting in front of him, studying the menu, but you already knew that he would order, just the same as every time.
You took his order with a smile and turned around again without even looking at Sherlock, showing him the cold shoulder, which irritated Watson but he didn't say anything.

With a sweet smile on your lips, you placed a plate with spaghetti in front of Watson a few minutes later, without Sherlock's usual unordered tea in your hand.
Watson looked at you startled because of your behavior towards Sherlock, but the detective himself seemed to stay unimpressed about it, which made you even more annoyed.

After a few days of totally ignoring Sherlock and getting no reaction at all from him, you decided to use a different method.
You didn't know how and if Sherlock would react to it at all but it was worth a try.

The next morning you came to the cafe in a short skirt and a white, slightly see-through blouse.
You wore, not so high, high heels and your hair was tied into a ponytail.
The rest was just the usual routine, ignoring Sherlock and being extra nice to Watson and other customers.

At first, you got disappointed again because he still didn't seem to react to your play at all but then you actually got a glimpse of him staring at you when he thought you weren't looking.
You cheered at yourself inside 'Never underestimate the weapons of a woman!'

What you didn't notice this day were all the eyes on you from the other customers, some basically undressing you with their staring.

------------time skip to after work-----------

The cold air crawled under your thin jacket as you locked the door from the cafe.
It got pretty late this time since you needed to wash away so many dishes because the winding machine wasn't working at the moment.
Shivering you led the key slide into your pocket and crossed your arms, hugging yourself to keep your body warm while you walked down the street.
Suddenly you heard footsteps behind you, they sounded heavy and came closer.
Scared you took a random street and walked faster, but you could still hear them.
You took another and another random street until you ended up on a dead-end road.
Afraid you slowly turned around.
A tall man in a long coat walked straight towards you with fast steps.  He got closer and closer and with every step he did, you stepped one back.
Until you hit the wall with your back.
"Why are you ignoring me?", the man suddenly asked and you immediately recognized his voice.
You could see his face now, he looked down at you with an empty expression but you could swear that there was a glim of sadness in his eyes.
"You shouldn't be walking around like this. It's dangerous in the night and at the café, everyone was staring at you.", Sherlock said as he took off his coat and laid it around your shoulders, closing the buttons.
You blushed deeply and your feelings were driving a roller coaster of being angry at him, loving him, being annoyed of him, and thinking of him as the sweetest man you ever met.
"So why are you ignoring me? Did I do something wrong or do you just want my attention?"
Secretly it was also because you wanted the attention but you would never admit that.

Now at this moment, you wished that you had learned sign language.
Back then you thought that no one would understand it anyway so why learn it but now it could have really helped you to talk to Sherlock.
With an annoyed expression, you pointed at him and then at yourself, forming the word 'case' with your mouth.
Then you pointed at Sherlock again, did a hand motion as if you would close your mouth like a zipper, and laid your hands over your ears, looking around like you wouldn't hear anything.
"Because I didn't tell you about my researches about the case?", Sherlock asked to know if he got that right and you nodded, still angry.
He sighed: "So that's all? That's why I didn't get my beloved tea from you anymore for a week?"
Huffing you crossed your arms in front of your chest.
But he couldn't hide a smile, you looked just too adorable in his coat which completely covered your frame.
Sherlock was silent for a moment, thinking about something before he answered softly: "I'm sorry (y/n)."
You were surprised by the tone of his voice since you have never heard him talk to anyone like this before.
"Let's go home and I'll tell you everything I know. But only if you make me tea."
You huffed amused and nodded as a response.

Sherlock had his arm around your shoulders the entire time as he walked you home to his apartment.
Watson wasn't there, he was with Marry, so you could sit on his chair, holding a hot cup of tea and wearing a pajama from Sherlock, enjoying the warmth of the fire in the fireplace as Sherlock told you about his researches.
It was one of the best evenings you ever had, you felt protected and just happy.
"I missed your tea.", Sherlock suddenly said as he noticed you drifting off to sleep.
You smiled at him before your tired eyelids closed again.
You felt how he lifted you up from the chair, bringing you to his bed.
He laid you down and covered you with the blanket, whispering a goodnight before you fell asleep.

Fun fact: I keep forgetting that the reader is mute and let her talk in nearly every chapter until I notice it and then I have to somehow put the words into actions or else. This is really difficult! 😂