11

A/N: This chapter is gonna leave y'all shook *rubs hands like birdman*

Yazmine

After his mysterious phone call during my painting time, Devonte went ghost. He didn't hit me back when I texted or called. Everytime I went across the street, he was never there. On campus, I never saw him.

"Maybe he's avoiding you," Candy said. We were in the cafe, eating lunch. She chewed on a fry. "Girl what did you do to him?"

"No, that's not it. You should have seen him when he got off the phone he looked...destroyed. He must have got some real bad news. Like somebody died or something."

" I don't know what to tell you then. Because some people real life need their space when they go through shit, and some people think they do but really they don't want it." She bit into another fry. "Speaking of space, where's your "bestie" at?" She used air quotes when she said bestie, causing me to laugh.

"Stop," I said. "She been up under this nigga so I never see her."

"That's new, usually she's under multiple niggas," Candy said.

"She do be getting around, and I ain't saying she stopped. I think she just feeling him more than her other hoes."

"Mhmm." Candy didn't look convinced. "Who is he anyway?"

"He's a junior. His name is weird, it's like Tykell or some shit." I tried to remember ol' boy's name.

"Ta'kee? With the dreads?"

"Yeah! You know him?"

She gave me a look. "Child that nigga has a whole girlfriend. She's a cheerleader, everyone knows Gabby."

My face dropped. "Are you sure it's the same Ta'kee?"

"Yes girl! There's only one Ta'kee in the junior class!" She pulled out her phone. "Is this him?" I looked at it, and sure enough I recognized the handsome boy in the Instagram profile from the few times I stumbled into him at our place.

"Maybe she ain't know he wasn't single. He ain't post no girlfriend. You know how niggas be running games..." It was totally possible.

"Well his girl posts him all the time." She pulled up a new profile and it was a gorgeous girl. Several pictures featured Ta'kee. "I gotta run to class, but your homegirl messy, that's all imma say. And she a hoe. Watch out for her." Candy dipped, because she was already late.

I left out the cafe, irked. If what Candy was saying was true, there was a strong possibility Amari was a side hoe, and she knew she was. I had to know. Devonte temporarily forgotten, I headed to my car.

I drove a little too fast and got home in record time. Amari was actually home for once. She was lying in the couch, watching the tv, but mostly messing around on her phone. "Hey boo," she said.

"Did you know that boy you fucking on has a girlfriend?"

"W-what?"

I rolled my eyes, not about to play with her and her stupid ass stutter. Wasn't stuttering when she was fucking someone else's man.

"DID YOU KNOW THAT BOY YOU FUCKING ON HAS A GIRLFRIEND?"

She went from nervous to pissed. "Who the fuck you yelling at? And why you worried about who I'm fucking?"

"Because I don't want a side bitch ass best friend that's why I'm worried." I surprised myself with my own words, but I wasn't backing down. I had been the girl cheated on and I knew how it felt. I would not enable this shit. "Did. You. Fucking. Know."