23

A/N: Sorry guys I know I took a mini vacation! I didn't put as much as I wanted in this chapter because it felt long asf already lol. But here y'all go.

Devonte

Saturday morning, I woke up with a feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach. Yaz barely slept, constantly worried about Amari. She also called Amari's parents, since the hospital didn't reach them. She downplayed the situation, but I could tell Amari's folks were worried as fuck.

Yazmine played with her collar, from where she sat in the kitchen with a glass of water in front of her. It was around nine am.

"Maybe I should just cancel my hair appointment. Visiting hours start at ten, and I want to go see her."

I was staring at my phone, like I could make a text appear if I wanted it bad enough. "Nah, go get your hair did. You can't do nun for Mari right now. The main thing is just figuring out who did this shit to her."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, Yazzy, we can go see her after."

"Okay, well let me shower and stuff. If you're sure."

"I am."

She got up, leaving her water untouched. Right after she left, my phone vibrated. The number was unsaved. All the text had was an address. My heart jumped.

When I put it in my Maps, it came up as a clinic. So it looked like I was going to a doctor's appointment today.

As I was running my hands through my hair, Yazmine came back. She was dressed, and looked good but a frown was on her face. Her keys jangled as she came over to me.

"So I talked to the hospital or whatever. Amari's ass still sleep. I told them to call me when she wake up."

She kissed me quickly on the cheek. I mugged her.

"Fuck was that?"

Rolling her eyes she brushed her lips against mine. "Bye big head," I called after her.

The door slammed.

"Yazzy left?" Trey's voice startled the hell outta me. He emerged from the living room.

"Nigga! Where the fuck you come from?"

"I fell asleep in the couch last night. But bruh, is Amari good? All Yaz said last night when she called me was she was beat the fuck up and they were keeping her overnight."

"I mean I wouldn't say she's good. But she'll be aight."

"I wonder who the fuck put his hands on her," Trey opened the fridge. "Bitch ass nigga. Amari did some shady shit, but she still a good person."

"I be forgetting y'all used to spend a lotta time together." I checked my phone. It was a quarter to ten. I was gonna be late. All the Ubers were ten minutes away, which meant I would have to convince Trey to take me, which meant he was gonna cuss my ass out. "Aye, can you drop me off somewhere, like in the next five minutes."

"Yeah I gotchu fam. Where you going?"

"Doctor's appointment." I watched Trey pull a carton of orange juice out of the fridge. He opened it and began drinking straight out of the carton. This nigga.

"Nigga is you sick?" He asked in between gulps.

"Not that kind of appointment, and not that kind of doctor." I took a deep breath. "I'm going to the OB/GYN."

Trey choked on his orange juice. It got on his shirt and dribbled down his chin.

"The fuck? Nigga why? Who the fuck did you get pregnant, because if it was Yaz you would be riding with her and not asking me to take you? I'll beat yo ass Tae, you know I can!" Slamming the orange juice on the counter, Trey mugged me.