50. Endings Are New Beginnings

ELLIOT

ELLIOT

~one month later ~

This was a dream.

This was definitely a dream.

It had to be a dream.

When mom stood on the stage, facing Louis with her green eyes sparkling like the diamond ring on her finger, I knew this couldn't be real. The purely beautiful white wedding gown she wore with her silky brown hair curled and her face glowing brighter than the sun upon the sky, she looked like a princess and I knew this was just a dream.

When the priest announced them as husband and wife and they shared a kiss, bounding them together for an infinity while the crowd gave them a huge applause, I knew this was just a dream.

When they walked down the aisle hand in hand towards me, I quickly squeezed Rachel's hand in mine.

"Rachel?" I whispered, my heart hammering in my chest.

"Yeah?" I was surprised she heard me through the loud applause the crowd who had stood up from their seats were giving the new married couple.

"I think you should wake me up soon. This dream is starting to feel a bit real," I admitted, nervously.

Rachel laughed and brought my hand in hers to her lips, kissing my knuckles. Afterwards, she wrapped her arm around my waist, pulling me closer against her as she whispered in my ear, "it's real. I promise it is."

I couldn't bring myself to nod and accept that this was real before mom and Louis (my dad) stood before my eyes, smiling brightly. Rachel was the first one to hug both of them.

"Congratulations. I'm so happy for you both." She drew back with a thrilled smile stitched on her lips.

After thanking her, mom and Louis glanced at me. When I stepped forward and pulled mom into a bone- crushing hug and she held me equally tightly while chuckling, I knew this wasn't a dream. This was real. So real.

"I love you so much. And I'm so happy for us three," she whispered.

"Four," I corrected after drawing back and briefly placing my palm on her stomach where my sibling was growing.

Yep. Mom was pregnant. And I was going to become a brother in 9 months.

Crazily unbelievable, but true.

When mom and Louis broke the news for us one week ago during dinner, I choked on my pizza while Rachel started squealing like the cute little idiot she was. My cute little idiot.